Else's Abilities/Transformations are jarring, unlike Jayce's. And I know exactly why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drex Greytalon

11-05-2012

From what her kit looks like, it would seem to me that the only improvement really needed would be the slow returning to her Q in spider form, and her Q in human form scaling with the base damage rather than the percentage to give her an actual lategame.

Other than that, she's somewhat fine I think. I'll have to play her a bit more and see what I think.

Grist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

I haven't played Elise yet, but I will agree that Jayce is completely smooth. He is my new favorite champ. I would love to see more champs have a playstyle like Jayce.

SnicerTenu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
Jayce's Transformations have a pretty smooth transition. I think this is largely because his Q in hammerform has 600 range on it, and Jayces auto-attack range (where he does a lot of his damage from when he isn't poking) is 500 range. So he can smoothly go from attacking you from range with his abilities and autoattacks, and then close the gap right after he transformation is cast to use the rest of his abilities. Meanwhile when he undergoes his transformation he's going to have his Acceleration Gate already out and his passive will help him close the gap even more.

Elise on the other hand is a very awkward very slow round about way of getting to you after such transformation. Sure you can't have it be a copy or anything remotely similar to how Jayce works in that regards becuase game designers get all moany/groany about that sort of thing.

Elises Abilities are not very well connected with one another. When I play jayce, I feel the flow of his abilities. With elise it just feels wrong.

Once again, another person comparing Elise with Jayce when they should be comparing her to Nidalee

Lovely Pants

11-05-2012

Hm, from the aspect of her kit I feel you're incredibly reliant on her stun to chain together a killing combo, but I'm okay with that. It feels very rewarding to pull the combo off. Her cocoon buffs should also make her even more difficult to juke, so I'd almost rather wait for that buff to settle than decide if she needs more to aid her chase and overdo it.

If more buffs are in need for that aspect of the champion, I wouldn't actually want them to give her more range on her Q dash forward because that would make her just another irritatingly mobile character, but I feel her Rappel could reward you better as a gap closing tool when your stun fails you. Most of the time you drop down and just sit there while the enemy has a chance to waltz out of your range. There are a variety of ways it could be improved that would have different effects on her overall strengths and weaknesses.

-It could make her drop down behind the enemy, which would allow you to account for the extra movement away from you, but potentially make it a higher risk move to use than it already is.

-It could apply a small single-target slow on the unit she targets(The AoE slow proposal I feel is just too much utility).

-You could make it do damage instead of increasing its reliability, slightly amplifying the damage of her total spider form combo when done successfully. (actually adding the above effect as well if you itemize into Rylai's. Could potentially make the item too strong on her. You could avoid this by making it an on-hit effect I suppose.)

-You could also allow Elise to start moving while she's dropping down from Rappel and avoid the movement lockup.Might take a bit more work on the mechanical side, I don't know.

Currently I do feel Elise's role is more of a carry amplifier and she doesn't do a whole lot for herself. She can't full combo anyone to death, but she also doesn't straight up duel well with just about anyone. There are a number of champions she can dispatch fairly well on her own, but if they know the limits of your damage they can pretty easily predict your initiate. If you fail to pull everything off effectively even the champions you can handle may turn around and kite/burst you to death.

I am content right now with waiting for the full effect of her upcoming slew of minor buffs to settle, but Rappel is definitely the skill I would target for some quality changes.

GhostStalker

11-05-2012

Rappel just needs to be faster when used on an enemy, and having her auto attack range in spiderform increase would help out a lot when she rappels on an enemy. Normally what happens is she rappels, and shes out of range for auto attacks, and sometimes your Q in spiderform is already on CD, or sometimes you just aren't in range for even that after a rappel.

I think her Q's do really bad damage in general too.