The game is still counted when there are 2 afkers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChunCk

11-04-2012

I just have a game in which i was mf and owning the opponent so much that having 4/0/1 or sth.
suddenly 2 teammates dc and not came back even the game was ended
we were all doing good likes about 14-5 or sth, so i don't think they are intentionally afk but due to the CONNECTION PROBLEM
RIOT, do you still take this kind of game into count?
if yes, i can only say that the enivronment of a fantastic game is getting worse and worse.

first time Vayne

11-04-2012

Riot should definitely write in an exception program for disconnects and afks during ranked games. I am sure they worry about people just leaving to have their losing games not count.

As for the community environment, don't you just love how things turn out when you have to count on large crowds of anonymous people to behave civilly? <-- sarcasm

ChunCk

11-04-2012

i do understand the difficulties
but pls, do sth to fix it or compensate it
i am sick of this kind of situation
i hope there will be a program, as u said, to distinguish between "dc" and "afk", one day
it is just too unfair and it brings me down

adc

11-04-2012

Here's the problem:

Someone does badly. Game is lost. So that person is A. pressured into leaving or B. leaves. Bam, team no longer loses Elo and Elo inflation occurs.

So don't make either team lose or gain Elo, you say. Well then, trolls DC every game and nobody ever gains or loses Elo.

Yes, I wish something could be done. The problem is, it's very difficult, if not downright impossible, to do anything.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-04-2012

I'm sure you know exactly how much Elo you've lost due to afk/disconnect/idle on your team.

How come you're not keeping track of the amount of Elo you've gained due to afk/disconnect/idle on enemy team?

IIFORTNOXII

11-04-2012

This happened to me. It was painfully frustrating.

Varaxael

11-04-2012

When you have an AFK or quitter, any losses on their team should be made good directly from their Elo - and possibly their IP. Certainly, such a system could be abused... but that would require repeated leavings, which is already punishable via the Tribunal AND an automated system! Restrict the system from Ranked to avoid people "taking it for the team," and you've got a real incentive to the people who can't or won't respect their teammates' time, effort, and frustrations.

Joe Krake

11-04-2012

I'd like if LOL integrated a system similar to what DOTA does. If someone disconnects (or is afk for too long and is forcefully disconnected), if they don't come back after 5 minutes it's safe for everybody to leave and they take no penalty. It's infuriating when you know you're going to lsoe because some guy quit and you have to suffer for it.