On KS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadogi

11-04-2012

FYI:

It's a team based game. There's no such thing as a KS. Additionally, even if there was, 99.999999% of the time no one is trying to steal anything. They are just killing the enemy and making sure they don't get away with 1 HP.

adc

11-04-2012

Pff, KSing happens all the time. I've been KSed by the jungler or support plenty of times as the AD carry.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-04-2012

Every time someone types "KS," I type "KILL SECURED!"

Earlier I was playing support, fighting one of the enemies 1v1, pinged like 10 million times, and the ADC (who was farming something in jungle) never came to help. After, he said "didn't want to ks"

Right... rather risk the enemy getting away and no one getting gold than KSing the SUPPORT...

a1sock

11-04-2012

Kill stealing is real, but people freak over it too much and lump players with good intentions with those with bad intentions.

I just had a game where my jungler ganked my lane and even though he was right on top of the enemy champ and could have taken the kill, he let my DOT and ignite grab the kill. I have also been in similar situations where I have 100% health to less than 1 bar'd an opponent, had ignite on and then have them drop an ability that does massive damage, just to take the kill. Yes, I also have had people who don't see the ignite or dot, or worry others cannot finish them and take the kill, and I have no issues with that.

Only reason kill stealing is an issue is that it unnecessarily drains mana and puts abilities on cooldown, or it may deny a player gold/XP, stacks or stats(like 12%mana on a kill with athenes, which can be the difference between just getting one kill or taking everyone down. Or Kat's passive).

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-04-2012

Sometimes, even when you're for sure getting the kill, the kill can absolutely be accidentally stolen even by players with good intentions. This comes from trying to secure assist gold. You don't lose any gold if I get an assist on your kills, but the TEAM loses gold if you get a kill unassisted where I could've gained an assist.

I've sometimes accidentally stolen kills while simply trying to secure an assist for myself.

Niiko The Goat

11-04-2012

Yesterday was the first time I KSed, though it wasn't with bad intentions, it was this Teemo of my team who had sucked all the game, he was darting away at a TF, but I got nervous and didn't want him to escape or something, he had like a 1/4 of his health so I dashed to hit him more and I happened to kill him, I laughed because I actually got the kill and wasn't expecting it and because I ended up KSing poor Teemo, I imagined him being so happy about killing someone pretty much on a 1v1 and then I stole it...mixed emotions.

But yeah, sometimes you're in such an adrenaline rush that you don't think too much, you just want to kill everything on sight asap and don't consider that you weren't really needed to attack.

Schiffer

11-04-2012

KS exist. I agree with Kill Secured most of the time though.

But for instance, I just played with Riven ( Jungler ).. I was 1v1ing that kayle and she had about 100 hp left ( No ult ) . So this wild teemo comes out of the bush, flashes, and tries to q kayle to kill her. I still got the kill but I Mean, if that was not a KS intention, what was it ?

RAWRitsJ3zza

11-04-2012

This is only my point of view and I'm guessing a lot of people will disagree with me but I personally don't believe that it's bad to "KS." I have a ranked team and the first thing I say to those on my team is "if there's a chance to attack an enemy player take it, no matter their health." I say this because in a team game like this when there's a chance to get gold for more people I believe they should take it. Luckily though my teammates also understand where to draw the line when it comes to getting the kill over the ADC. It's all up to preference though and in ranked games should always be agreed on before the game as to not create arguments during the game.

Varaxael

11-04-2012

I'm of the school of thought that says, "It's more important to make sure they die." That being said, there IS a definite advantage to having one person get all the kills (if possible.) Essentially, it boils down to the fact that 1000 gold worth of gear on one person is worth more than 500 gold worth of gear on two people, in terms of effective killing and gameplay.

So there IS such a thing as kill stealing, and (as some people pointed out,) you shouldn't take a kill away from a carry as, say the support, IF the carry has cinched the kill. Otherwise, let them cry more - it's more important that the enemy players die.

After all, if they're really doing that much more damage, the odds of getting the killing blow are in their favor anyhow.