Maokai or Naut

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Mence

11-04-2012

Which jungler would you recommend and why

Factors i care about:
Early Ganking
Late Game
and
Speed

Unholy Fenrir

11-04-2012

maokai has godlike early ganks doesnt need kills with HoG and philo i like to use mobility boots but its completly optional a root and a slow with a long range harrass damage reduction ult makes the perfect initiator.

as i havent played naut so i cant say much about him apart from his ganks which are supposed to be on par if not better then maok and his jungle speed is lacking(not sure on this)

Ryconn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

well from playing both it really depends on your preference, they are both great junglers with mao being a bit faster earlier on with stacking saplings, and the both have great ways to to start a team fight that help the team a lot.,

Empire385

11-04-2012

naut has a TERRIBLE early jungle.

but other than that, he's fun and does decent damage with his abilities after about level 4.

his lvl 6 ganks are godly

RAWRitsJ3zza

11-04-2012

I can't vouch for Naut but I love Maokai. I you're smart with your early jungle you can gank mid straight after wraiths which is extremely helpful (I'll explain how in the end) He has very effective ganks, 35 second wards, strong AP ratios for his moves and some pretty damn cool skins! He isn't the fastest jungler but since he doesn't need red you can give that to your ADC and still get plenty of gold from you ganks. Maokai really does need to gank though and if you can secure some kills for your teammates everyone will be better off.

(Early Jungle For Maokai ~ This is extremely helpful for anyone playing Maokai jungle! Instead of starting at the standard Blue buff get your E 'Sapling Toss' and head strait to wraiths and set up your 'Sapling Toss' at 1:05 and then straight away again when it's back up. Stand in the middle of the wraiths and when they appear set off one more in between them. It'll take two more auto attacks to kill the big one and you're set! You'll be approximately 3-7 seconds late for blue and people often leave not to miss their lane of those 'precious seconds' but if you tell them to stay and leash you will be fine. After that just follow the usual route and wraiths will be up again when you're ready. Thus you will be lvl 3 when mid is lvl 2 and with your three skills a gank is extremely easy. I know this is a really long explanation for something that might seem trivial but if you can secure the kill it'll help mid lane extremely and give both of you additional gold.)

Slipperynut

11-05-2012

Maokai .. his sap's are great for harassing towers also

TeknoWizard

11-05-2012

I'd say Maokai until the 5v5 team fights start happening, in which Nautilus' more CC makes him better. Being able to instantly shut down the ADC with a Nautilus ult is invaluble. Maokai's damage redction is *nice*, but hardly game changing like Nautilus can be.