Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should I be playing with level 30's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain BubbleT

11-04-2012

So my friend invites me to play with him. Every player except me has full runes and masteries and such. I'm only level 19. Should I even be playing with them?

Best Furry NA

11-04-2012

My friend was lv 15 for a while.

When I was lv... 16? 19? And higher, I would play with lv 30s that have been playing for years.

Trial by fire makes you a better player. You learn hard and fast.

They have an advantage, but some will still be stupid. Learn quick, dont overestimate, and you'll still contribute and be fine.

M4sterJ0e

11-04-2012

Level 30's come in all shapes and brain sizes. Being level 30 only means you have access to more IP, rune slots, masteries, and potentially more runes as compared to a lower summoner level. Still, you can (and most likely will) outplay a decent number of them you come across if you choose champions and play with friends that you are comfortable with. Also, the riot matchmaking system will always (if not most of the time) pair you against a team that does not have full level 30's, because you are not level 30.

Niiko The Goat

11-04-2012

Well, you can lose all your matches and still reach lv 30 eventually, so level isn't an actual indicator about the quality of players, but chances are they may be better than you, if your friend invites you knowing you're not lv 30 yet, he has to deal with it if you get destroyed in the game, you may wanna try it anyway, if they're good players you may learn a lot even if you lose, maybe play as a support and your friend as adc so you don't have to take a lane alone.

Friesguy

11-04-2012

I was in the same situation as you when I was levels 18-21. I had tier 1 runes, and was still a bad player. For most of that time though, I played a lot of support, and my one of my friends would ADC. Support is the easiest to be passable with when you're a lower leveled player (I'm not saying being a good support is easy for the reference).

If you want do roles other than support, I'd suggest finding champs who are easy to use, tough to gt shut down hard with, and teach you some good fundamentals.

I'll just give you a quick list of pretty easy to use champs: Nunu for Jungling (His Q is amazing for jungling ,and landing an E during a gank is always good), Morgana for mid (Nearly ungankable with her shield and her snare, plus she farms kind of easily with her W), and Gangplank top (Just sit back and farm with your Q, don't be too aggro, and check other lanes often to see if your ult can be useful somewhere). AD Carry is kind of a different story, and I didn't start playing it with my friends until I was level 28.

RAWRitsJ3zza

11-05-2012

I used to play with lvl 30's from around lvl 12 up and i think I'm doing better for it! Because I played with higher levels I became used to it and learned lots of different things faster than I would have with lower levels. Since I only know one side of this I can't say that other way is worse. If you do play with higher levels know that sometimes you wont to that great but it does have it's benefits.

Omicron Austin

11-05-2012

It's how I learned, playing with my friends. It makes you good a lot faster.

Also consider that many of your opponents won't be level 30s either; sometimes it takes the average of your friend's level and yours, and you'll be playing people in the 20s.

God Worm

11-05-2012

I wish I'd played normal games with my friends at that level. Instead, I played co-op until early 20's almost exclusively. I am not better for it.

Go for it.

Jesustim

11-05-2012

harder games teach you better league, do it

Pteor

11-05-2012

I never learned faster than the week I hit 30.