Best early game Olaf itemization?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zamiel The Grey

11-04-2012

First buy:
Boots+pots
Cloth+pots
Vamp scepter

Should my first real item be:
Wriggles
or
Phage

Should my second be:
Mallet
or
Warmogs

... and is fratmas/fratmogs the way to go from there?

Right now I go boots first, so that I can always catch up for that reckless swing. Then phage for the slow procs it gives me, which is essentially rushing frozen mallet.

More particularly, id like to know for sure which I should be getting, phage or wriggles as well as why so. And what situations will one be better than the other (say... fizz)?

first time Vayne

11-04-2012

Boots and pots are a reliable start for Olaf overall. That's the safe start that will do you well in most matchups. The point of getting armor and 5 pots is to stay in lane with a high ad champ who is harassing you. Olaf tends to avoid harassment pretty well by true damaging people when they get too close. Big lightning bolts scare people off. O.O

If you have trouble with a particular matchup, try another opening build to compensate, but I use boots + pots pretty exclusively and do fine all around. The early boots serve Olaf well, as he is a chaser.

Save up for Phage immediately, and upgrade to Frozen Mallet asap unless you determine that you need armor or magic resist sorely and specifically. Again, Olaf is a sticky chaser type, so that slow is vital (not to mention his synergy with building high health). If you want to troll, get Warmogs next and then your resistances and more damage. XD

'Tis how I do it, at least.

Timammoth

11-04-2012

its all dependent on the match up. (top lane) If your versusing someone like daruis or an ad ranged champ you might wanna consider cloth 5.Build boots 3 if you feel you can do fine or when jungling. Build a wriggles if your jungling. You build into to ninja tabi then get a vamperic scepter, chain vest if ur still getting out traded. Then get a phage. You can now get whateva you feel u need. More damage = Blood thrister. More health = warmogs more armour = Guardian angel or raduins omen. Their is so many items you could potentially get. And there is no set build for any champion. Just build want you think you need. And think about your match up.

This is all my opinion and i have had sucess with this.

Also if you are jungling don't build a blood thrister unless you are owning.
Build more defensive items instead.

I Love Slurpees

11-04-2012

Starting build:
Boots/Pots

First trip back:
Tabi/philo or dorans/wards

Second trip back:
Phage/wards

Build phage get warmogs then finish phage into trinity. Trinity/Atmas/Warmogs/Tabi/Hexdrinker(or FoN)/Shureliya's. GG you kill everything

Azerax53

11-04-2012

If you need free wards like if your soloing and your afraid your gonna get ganked then go for wriggles then phage otherwise rush the phage.