The Crossroads - Chapter One: Be afraid of the Dark.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromonger

11-09-2012

Lizzie wasn't motivated so much by money as her own family business on the Isles. But, until her sword would start telling her more, she was as much in the dark as Darkeye. She stood there a moment to analyze what they had to go on. Bottom line: this was becoming a worse idea by the second.

"Alright... can you take us to the spot in your garden where this occurred? With so few leads, that seems the only place we can go for now."

ElMelloi

11-10-2012

Elysia grimaced at Lizzie's question. A "sword for hire," as she called herself, would think to go to such a place so soon with no more information than that? The little Flame-Head had a question of her own, and she would go nowhere without an answer to something as fundamentally important as....

"Pardon, Lord Darkeye. If it isn't too much to ask, could you offer any more description to this... sensation that overtook you?"

"Losing his grip on reality" did not sound like much information to the little sorceress, but those words seemed to reek of a possible enchantment or curse, or perhaps the influence of some enigmatic being. If she could get any more information on what overcame Darkeye and his wife, she might be able to help prevent her new comrades from falling victim to the same (if the source could actually be dealt with using magic, that is). Protective magic is an important thing for a summoner to know, after all.

Elysia just prayed that if it was magic, that whatever cast the spell wasn't a dead spirit....

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Takuma didn't like this, no leads, a vague reward, this whole thing felt like it would just be a futile attempt that would get them all killed. Or would it? Perhaps he could find something else in this place, something more useful than what Darkeye could give him as a reward. He continued to analyze Darkeye, deciding that he was fairly weak in spirit, taking out his grief on hirelings, and for some reason this once great warlord was too incapable to go out with his own men to find his wife. Something didn't seem right to him, but he wouldn't pass up the opportunity of this fortune, along with whatever he might find of use on these isles. "Tell me, have you felt this 'loss of grip on reality' again when going into the same area where you lost your wife?"

Grand Viper

11-10-2012

One of the six mercenaries that were already at the manor upon everyone else's arrival had a deeper connection to the shadows than anyone else in the manor. She also had strong control over them. She always did. That is why she was here, after all. To venture into the Shadow Isles would be a most welcoming experience.

A soft whisper, akin to the sound of a pattering rain, drifted through her head,

Why the delay? Why are you here? You have things to do.

((Spoke with Delmegar about this, but if I misposted like a complete derp do let me know.))

muggtonp

11-12-2012

((Not quite sure what to say :P, otherwise I would post))

Necromonger

11-12-2012

((Does viper's merc have a profile? ))

Grand Viper

11-13-2012

((I'm technically not a merc. You'll have to see, and when you do then I'll provide a profile.))

muggtonp

11-13-2012

((Is there some sort of noticeable change within this 'shadow lady?' If yes I can probably get something going off of that.))

Necromonger

11-13-2012

((aw...))

Luparis

11-13-2012

((Apologies, folks. Been a tad busy. Anywho, yes, Viper and I discussed some innovations to the storyline and he will be taking the role of one of the gathered mercenaries at the Manor.))

Darkeye thought a moment, trying to regather his memories of the passed event tat turned his world upside down. He knew it was in the garden, he knew that he was with his wife, walking in silent bliss. The feeling though... The feeling was so difficult to describe.

"For a brief moment, for the first time since ever being in the Isles, I felt calm. For once, I could suppress my rage, my anger, my fears of this land and I could think from a calm state of mind. For a few moments I was at peace." Darkeye said, looking at the floor, his arms crossed. "Then, as we felt compelled to enjoy this calm, to keep on walking further and further through the gardens, we came upon unnatural shadows. They called to me, speaking in alien tongue, whispering nonsense and... fear took me. As fear overcame my senses, it began to devour my mind. I could not stand straight, speak, move, nothing as my wife continued forward, unphased. That was the last thing I recall. Now, as either my men or myself venture into the gardens, this shadow is nowhere to be found."

((Grand Viper, the mercenary we agreed upon you taking over has yet to be described. It is the other, unmentioned female mercenary and I am leaving that part of the plot to you.))