Parting words from a freind.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Tempest

01-19-2013

I beleive that this forum is dieing.
When I first joined it was a paradise, but we let it be covered in filth and was poisoned.
It leached into it's skin and it became sick.
We didnt notice it at first.
But then it became so serious that we lost alot of good men and women.
I have lost almost all hope for us.
This place lost it's luster.
It's pride.
It's humanity.
If we do not act, this place could die.
We can act.
We must act.
We need to clean up the filth.
We need to fix the cracks.
We need to replace the windows.
We need to raise up new walls.
We need to grow and learn from past mistakes.
We need to grow together as a community.
-Kennen
P.S. No I'm not leaving.

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

This is all I can think of whenever filth is mentioned. Hmm, perhaps that could become a new RP, the filth arrives, people fight it.... hmmmmmmmmmm...

Ergheis

01-19-2013

There are people who want to keep it the way it is, a do-whatever place where they can RP with their closer friends and not care about any of it.

Then there are the people who complain about how bad this place is getting, but refuse any attempts to call people together and fix things, and refuse to help whatsoever.

Both groups are equally guilty of destroying these forums, bit by bit. Between the people that bully out anyone who they dislike, and the ones who sit around doing nothing about it, this place has lost its universe in place of groups of people RPing with their own circles

"OMG no one cares about your stupid council, erg."
Ok. I'll wait for your solution as more people leave. Cheers.

Phoenix Quinn

01-19-2013

I care Erghy! ;-;

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Like I said before, most new players here were never serious about RP in the first place, they just want to play pretend with Champions on a basic level, that's all that matters. Too lazy to improve their writing skills or handle their characters realistically, for them it's better if everything remains utterly chaotic because this way they would be able to remain on the same level indefinitely.

I'd gladly work towards making this forum something better, but I'm vastly outnumbered along with the few remaining reasonable players.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-20-2013

I remember when I said I was planning to destroy this forum, long ago when I was still Wukong.
People thought I was joking.
Well, WHO'S JOKIN' NOW? BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Ryugi Kazamaru

01-20-2013

There will always be sects within communities that do not see eye to eye or get along very well. Such is the way of humanity.

It is how we work to resolve our differences that sets us apart. Some choose conflict, others words.

I've done almost everything I have done for the sake of the community. I've held polls to help determine events, I've written up rules and guidelines for adding new champions RPers into the fold of our little community. I created the Break Room back before we really had any place to truly RP with our characters, and created the Sparring Grounds when people desired a place to fight.

What's more? I'm still here. I may not have started the champion auditions (mostly because people seemed to take issue with how the last batch were run) but I'm still around. I've said many times what I thought, personally, could be done. But I have always left it up to the community when it came to what THEY wanted to do when it came to how things went down.

I think we can beat this if people pull together and actively try to make things better.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-20-2013

What we need is a reform. A good one.

Hype Algerian

01-20-2013

@ Ergheis: Nobody wants to see me take over an RP place. God knows I tried to change a website's way of doing RP and failed at it mainly due to being oppressed by its moderators (but 3 years later people realized I was probably right). Though, every takeover I have made resulted in more cohesion within the communities in question.

Given how I don't have 'the powers that be' to do so, I elected to just leave it on the back burner while more urgent matters had to be tended to.

1Eredale

01-20-2013

Indeed, a reform would be nice, but what can we -actually- do? Experienced as we may be in roleplaying, that doesn't make us superior to any other member of the community regardless of their skill in the matter at hand. As Hype said, we don't have any power over anything to change it. Even if we openly declared that "So and so is now the new RP standard, everyone who doesn't agree, door is that way", people can just say "Nope" because we can't actually prevent them from continuing on with their threads the way they were before.

A lot of us know how bad moderation feels in RP communities, as we've been on the receiving end, but the irony is that this forum owes existence to people who couldn't moderate themselves, so Riot had to do it. The Ask trend was very interesting to them at first, but after it flooded out the first page of the Lore forums with mediocre-quality threads, they split them off in a very diplomatic manner - I'm still thankful that they didn't delete everything, which they could. That much should at least hint something.

As sad and pitiful as it sounds, we're approaching a certain critical mass, a point of no return, where some sort of forum moderator powers will be required to maintain RP of a decent standard, because clearly, the players aren't able to do it themselves despite the repeated attempts at it. We're a very democratic community with equal rights, but while it has a lot of advantages, it also prevents us from telling anyone what they should do, and allows people who didn't prove themselves to be worthy of taking up a Champion role (which, in official RPs, was entirely restricted from players), to take a thread or several. No one can change those people if they don't want to change themselves.