AD Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamTheTrueKing

Recruiter

11-04-2012

Hey guys.

I was wondering which you guys would go for to make an ad dps Twisted Fate?

Boots3-> Zerkers-> IE/Phantom Dancer?

I'm working on AD at the moment and will try him AP later. I'm curious to see which you guys would go for first:

Quicker 4th attack damage boost (PD)

OR

More AD (IE).

Thanks.

UgmoDuck

11-04-2012

i would advise against ad tf, he is better ap. But if you do, i would go trinity. Same build as an ez or corki. bes boots > trinity> phantom or ls > ga since his range is short

TeknoWizard

11-04-2012

More AD. His 4th attack won't be doing anything besides a nice animation and a funny sound without AP. Just go standard IE-PD and hope you aren't completely crippled by his terrible range.

adc

11-04-2012

A tip: Don't. His terrible range makes him a worthless AD. He has to get in too close to autoattack anything. That's why he's better AP - he can gank heavily with his ult + massive combo.

Shuggles

11-04-2012

Zerk IE PD TF BT BC/LW is the way I build him when I play him AD

Which is never

Cheap0

11-04-2012

AD Twisted Fate is generally considered a poor AD carry and isn't really designed for the role, but don't let that stop you. If you think it's strong and that you can make it work, go for it. You'll learn about what kinds of limitations TF has as an AD carry, and also his strengths.

As far as itemization goes, you'll definitely want Trinity Force. Since you're dealing lots of sustained attack damage compared to burst magic, you'll want those Phage procs to help you stick to targets you Gate in to kill. Also, Sheen mixes nicely with TF's kit. Overall, just a nice item with lots of utility, the same reason it's often built first on Ezreal and Corki.

After Trinity Force, pretty standard AD. IE -> LW -> Defensive item -> BT, in whichever order you need them based on what you're up against. Oh, and get Berserker's Greaves rather than boots 3. Boots 3 are generally bad and cost inefficient compared to what you get out of boots 2 (and as TF, you'll need the extra attack speed since his attack speed steroid is pretty low).

IIFORTNOXII

11-04-2012

I'm new, so I'm not sure what all of the acronyms are yet. I actually selected this char because he reminded me of Gambit which was my favorite X-Man growing up. I've been playing around with what to get first and such.

I settled on the boots +2/25% atk speed. Then Malady to boost his speed. Then I go for Zhonya's Hourglass or Rylai's Crystal Scepter and either Rabadon's deathcap or the other one like it.

I go straight for Pick a Card and play utility for my team. Mostly stunning champions in a flank, or haulting runners, then cleaning up mobs for some bonus cash and prizes.

A few of my previous games ran me 9/1/12 and 12/2/2. We won both. The thing about him is to just keep moving constantly. I was overlooking the blue card a lot at first cause it didn't have much of a utility other than restoring mana. Then I realized how much damage it does when you're amped.

You can also get more of your "stacked deck" procs if you're shooting faster. Went toe to toe with Singed that was pretty decked out (pun intended) and it was close but I came out on top. with the extra procs from a faster attack speed you can get a lot done.

I avoid wild cards until just before unlocking Destiny. I just simply use pick a card. It has all of the multi-kill and utility you can need, and stacked deck makes for some pretty nice bombs if you time it.

Like I said, I don't understand all of the acronyms, but it's only my third day and I'm pulling 9/1 and 12/2 with this guy...and I LOVE HIM - No ****.

Chewed Straw

11-05-2012

I miss sword of the divine.

Barso55

11-05-2012

the guy who says stacked deck doesnt do anything. it does tons and scales on ad

i get zerkers, malady for the AS, then ie bt frozen mallet warmogs

the warmogs and fm help you stay close in range like you have to without dying instantly.

you need to learn to lock gold cards fast. you can get 4-5 in a teamfight easily if you are good.

i am still playing with his build, and he isnt the most effective ADC compared to vayne, kog, tristana etc. but he makes up for it with his global presence.

he is all early and mid game. he can out duel most ADCs if he has a gold card locked before getting into the fight. They are about 30% lower on health than they started before they come out, and you have another gold card before they die for the last bit

hes powerful. I dont like ap tf because he is boring and he cant duel people much

Dr Fuzzy Gloves

11-05-2012

AD tf wont really be viable, basically ever, because his PAC converts the entire attack to magic damage, making any armor pen you have from runes/items completely useless. and seeing as the only other damage increasing parts of his kit are 2 magic damage abilities, with a very small, 15% attack speed increase, he is much better played as AP.

he used to be a solid adc only because his ulti would allow him good positioning always,b ut i've noticed that you'll almost do more dps with ap than you will with ad, purely due to hit and run, since tf has no built in escape, except ulti.

IF I WERE to build him ad though:

Berz, IE, PD, BT, LW, (then banshee's/QSS/guardian for survability)