My first ranked game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belrick

11-04-2012

Called Jungle...

set myself up and went and got a beer.

Came back just before my pick and found.

All three junglers i could play/have practiced/had a plan for had all been banned.(bet you can guess which three)

I became our teams second ADC since the only other champ ive player SR on is tristana.

How do people starting out cope with champ bans ruining their first second and third choices? Should i have more champ variation under my belt before playing ranked?

Or just go screw it and pick and oddball jungler? (my teams lanes had already been chosen)

Energetic

11-04-2012

Learn more than three in the jungle? There's like ninety-some champions..

Learn more roles and not just jungle..

Condescend

11-04-2012

I just hit 30 last night and have been contemplating testing out a ranked game, but I fear the same will happen. I am best at Jungle/Support with about 6 different champs in total but worry that I won't get them. I am thinking I should wait and get some more practice in before I go and piss people off in ranked.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-04-2012

Yea... learn a LOT more than 3 champs in the jungle, or learn a few REALLY untraditional junglers REALLY well.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

It also helps to be able to play more than four champs before entering ranked.

Or you can dodge.

Diegalaloca

11-04-2012

You should be able to play any role when you play a ranked game. In my opinion it doesn't matter if you play them good or bad, that will determine your elo..

TeknoWizard

11-04-2012

Learn Udyr. Nobody bans Udyr. :/

Belrick

11-04-2012

So the boards recommendation is that i go back to school lol

first time Vayne

11-04-2012

Communicate. Instead of going to get that beer, say "Hey, I'm going to play ____." If the other team bans them all, then you play the wrong champs. Get good with a few that aren't played often. Doesn't mean they are less good.

Ex. Blitz support is good, but not time-efficient to practice because he'll likely be banned. Play Nunu or Sona or Volibear support.

first time Vayne

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Learn Udyr. Nobody bans Udyr. :/
True this. Udyr is boss. I go whole games where the other team gets no buffs past their opener because I stealz them all. bahahaha :}