New Zealand and Australia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thekler

11-04-2012

Does riot have any intention of ever expanding to New Zealand and Australia? Is there a way you could find out how many New Zealand players there are? I just hope that some point in the future that

Ozball

11-04-2012

There are some competitions run over here in NZ. BarcraftNZ runs some, and I think some of the net cafes in Auckland at least are starting to run comps. Curious about the first question as well though.

Ladayen

11-04-2012

Look into your laws and regulations regarding bandwidth use to find out why Riot, Blizzard and most other online gaming companies dont have a Aussie/New Zealand office.

There was a thread not long ago specifically asking any of you down under for any feedback at all relating to LoL. I cant seem to find it now though.

thekler

11-05-2012

ah yes you're right, that is quite a hassle. well hopefully soon telecom will upgrade faster, they're doing it now but quite slowly. but what about australia are they a little primitive in this department as well? o.o

Ozball

11-05-2012

Australia and New Zealand are both currently in the progress of rolling out Fiber to the Node networks I believe, with quite possibly similar target dates. (10 years for full coverage) However both countries are prioritising areas that don't currently have decent stable ADSL2, though I'm not sure if that applies to businesses as well, as they are usually given some sort of priority in these sorts of situations.