Xerath mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smittens91

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurenSEITENv2 View Post
Small tip for xerath players, max E first, the damage, CD, and range all increase dramatically per level. It is also a much more consistent form of damage allowing you to dominate your lane opponent much easier.

Small tip for you: that doesn't work too well in good 5v5 play. If you max E first you're losing long range damage. You effectively make his W not do much for you since most of your damage will have to be dealt in much closer of a range than you should be.

Also it's only single target damage in a game where you need to farm fast and early. After lvl 6 you can likely push an opponent out of lane with Q and Ulti's from twice their range. At that point you should be spamming Q on 4+ minions at a time to farm and push so you can go gank.

It's not all about beating your lane opponent, it's also about CS and Teamplay. Without spreading gold around your team when you do well you cannot expect a good win %

Mankano Valara

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farstride View Post
Thanks for the info
Keeps up my moral that there is a good endpoint for Xerath in this game.
best advice is practice, xerath is a champ that rewards an aware player.

though here are some generic tips

when you start a game throw a few q's at them to harass and learn their dodge habits, once you understand their habits they will walk into your q's

also pay attention to the fringes of your vision, as you can actually shoot further than you can see, this comes in handy when picking off runners

ryzeonline

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farstride View Post
Discuss the viability.

I'm having trouble making the justification for having spend that much IP on that champion, instead of say Diana, or Brad.
He does look amazingly cool, and when you land the full combo you feel great about it.

Still, other champions are a lot easier to win with, and deal a lot more damage then Xerath. Any xerath players out there willing to share their tricks and tips before I drop him?

I'm a bit demoralized with this champion
Here's the justification --

Xerath is freakin' FUN.

And you'll always earn more IP, unless you're gonna abandon league in the next week or so.