Xerath mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farstride

11-04-2012

Discuss the viability.

I'm having trouble making the justification for having spend that much IP on that champion, instead of say Diana, or Brad.
He does look amazingly cool, and when you land the full combo you feel great about it.

Still, other champions are a lot easier to win with, and deal a lot more damage then Xerath. Any xerath players out there willing to share their tricks and tips before I drop him?

I'm a bit demoralized with this champion

Crazy Crann

11-04-2012

I played in a game the other day where my team got thoroughly dominated by Xerath. He has an insane skill cap, but he looks like one of those champions who can really pay off the player for learning how to use him.

Farstride

11-04-2012

Anything he did that put him above regular Xeraths?

Smittens91

11-04-2012

The thing to keep in mind is Xerath is about as close to magic based DPS as we're gunna get, Swain's Ulti aside. He is meant to shoot a thousand little needles at his enemies, not a bullet. Try using him as a poke king before teamfights and ulti during them. You should never let the 5v5 be even at the start; use your superior range to harass from afar. Also keep E and W equal in leve. The extra %MPen and CDR will add more DPS than just the stun.

Farstride

11-04-2012

What about maxing Q and W first, and leaving E as just a defensive item?

Following the machine gun logic, I'd imagine getting both of them on a super low CD will let you really harass safely, and using the E only when they are in close enough range.

Crazy Crann

11-04-2012

Best I could tell you, Farstride, is that he was just really good at what he was doing. He ganked quickly and then got out, and he had a good team that peeled us off of him every time we tried to get at him in team fights.

He was absolutely the reason that team won that game... I can distinctly remember my team being terrified of him at about the mid point (which also cost them a handful of chances at making a kill on him.)

Farstride

11-04-2012

Thanks for the info
Keeps up my moral that there is a good endpoint for Xerath in this game.

Cerebralbore101

11-05-2012

I hate Xerath. His skills all have a half second delay, and his damage doesn't burst fast enough. Ziggs is a much better champ with twice the range, and an escape. Try him instead.

Phantaztick

11-05-2012

I play Xerath regularly and generally do very well in mid. Just poke constantly, but don't over extend. Most of the other champions underestimate him, so once you've poked them down a good ways, try to lure them into a gank, then stun and ult on them. Works more often then not. Use W to poke from a safe range, but be ready to pull back when they start twords you. Just be aware of where you are on the map and where your opponents are.

BitProdigy

11-05-2012

Small tip for xerath players, max E first, the damage, CD, and range all increase dramatically per level. It is also a much more consistent form of damage allowing you to dominate your lane opponent much easier. Many times I see players back away from me when I throw an E at them making it much safer for me to do a quick W+Q for more free damage. Also try to keep yourself at about half mana at level 6 as your lvl 6 burst is huge and it will either force them outta lane or kill them. Easy W+E+R+Q+R+R (use the ult to activate the stun so you can Q while the next ult is on delay.

_G