@Riot, please for the love of god fix that bug that makes you stop autoattacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xarkanadushak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I'm unable to repro this with Amumu E. I started the game, leveled E, and stood in from of Blue. Without giving an attack order, I hit E, and Amumu auto-acquired one of the enemies and began auto-attacking. Without doing anything else, I cast E again, which interrupted his auto-attack, but he started attacking again afterwards.

If someone can give me exact steps, that would be helpful.
happens every time with amumu e for me (i have it on smart cast if that makes a difference). However if the monsters attack you, you start auto attacking again, so my guess is your e was timed so that you were immediately hit by the golem again

Drozzi

11-04-2012

Quote:
I'm unable to repro this with Amumu E. I started the game, leveled E, and stood in from of Blue. Without giving an attack order, I hit E, and Amumu auto-acquired one of the enemies and began auto-attacking. Without doing anything else, I cast E again, which interrupted his auto-attack, but he started attacking again afterwards.

Happens with maokai too, I was jungling and would suddenly stop autoattacking after using his q or e.

The Omnivious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

This happens with Taric's W also.

Autorevolver

11-04-2012

Quote:

If there were "exact steps" to replicate this issue we would have all found a way to avoid it by now.

Verxint

11-04-2012

I know I've had Xin turn to attack a minion after using Audacious Charge.

Meiu

11-04-2012

Quote:
I have not experienced this nor have I heard people talking about it...

Repro steps?

For example, both Riven and Fiddle have certain issues with not recovering from a spell quick enough, but I don't know of any systemic issue.
I have had this a couple times lately on Skarner hitting my Q turns off my auto-attack, same with Jarvan, throwing my lance can cancel my auto attack.

WorstSomethingNA

11-04-2012

I've experienced this with Amumu in the jungle a lot (and I mean tons), but it also happens with other champions. You use an ability, and expect an auto attack to come after. It never comes!

Fell14043

11-04-2012

I've noticed this happening incredibly often when I jungle. Typically on champions who I have a specific "combo" I use.

Typically it's:
-Lee Sin: I will land Sonic Wave, into Resonating Strike, then VERY quickly combo into Tempest and Cripple. It is right about after Cripple goes off that he will stop auto-attacking.

Maokai: It starts when I use Sappling Toss and combo VERY quickly into Arcane Smash, auto-attacks cease.

Malphite: Usually happens after I activate Brutal Strikes then immediately use Ground Slam.

These are the champs that it happens on a regular basis. I cannot go a single game with them without it happening more than once a game. It has ended with me being executed more than a handful of times, simply because after landing the spells, the champ will then refuse to auto-attack if I do not manually re-enable them. Often times it's when I'm focused on another part of the map or teammate after combo-ing my spells.

For whatever reason, it's not just that they stop auto-attacking for a moment and start back up after being attacked by a jungle creep, they actually will just freeze as if I'd pressed (default) S.

TheSlappySlap

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riepah View Post
I lost a few close fights because of this, where the enemy would get away with 50 hp because my character refused to autoattack, very frustrating. I think it happened on Katarina today.
Definitely happens on Kat. After Shunpo / W combo, autoattack does not seem to persist.

ElBoob

11-04-2012

With Elise I've noticed that sometimes she stops autoing after your W runs out in spider form. If the W runs out and she kills a creep, sometimes she just sits there until another creep hits her. I believe it to be an issue with her losing aggro.