@Riot, please for the love of god fix that bug that makes you stop autoattacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TalLavi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Happens with a lot of champs almost all the time, I think I had that issue with Rengar's W, I used it and was looking at mid lane. when I noticed my hp keeps dropping I came back to see Rengar standing in front of a small wraith 1 hit away from death getting hit and not attack back.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

This is on countless champions, and it is incredibly consistent. I do not have all the champions, so I can't make a comprehensive list, but it is mostly noticeable in the jungle, when you click on a camp, cast a spell, and then have to click on it again to resume autoattacking. Would have to doublecheck if it happens against champions or lane minions.
Also, I smart-cast all my spells. Even the spells that have no target, like Amumu E. Dunno if that will help or not.

KiwiTheTORT

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobat View Post
I actually really am sad Riot hasn't noticed it, is it intended for so many champions to have this issue with animations or abilities?
I think the reason it has gone unnoticed is because not enough people are bringing it up. Members at Riot that can do something about it can't be on the forums all the time so a red that has responded to it may be someone from a different department like art or something. If it hasn't been brought to the attention of the engineering team I understand why it hasn't been fixed yet, I am just glad than now WhattayaBrian has seen it and something may be done.

Tizok

11-04-2012

Happens a lot as to me as Teemo, usually when chasing. Assumed it had something to do with the way pathing works. Been like that since forever.

Mo00se

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Okay, so, like I said, we know there are issues with specific champions' abilities (like Amumu E)--I was curious if there was a more global problem we didn't know about.

This isn't one bug--each of these abilities are their own issue. I'm not saying we shouldn't or won't fix them (there are certainly more than I thought), but rather that I'm more concerned with a bug that, regardless of who you played, just caused you to randomly stop attacking a valid target.

But I'm definitely collecting the information in this thread to look into later.
yeah it doesnt happen all the time, its more a %40 occurance thing, annoying when ur jungling checking a lane come back nek minnit ur almost dead cause u stopped auto attacking after casting a spell

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

11-04-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

I'm unable to repro this with Amumu E. I started the game, leveled E, and stood in from of Blue. Without giving an attack order, I hit E, and Amumu auto-acquired one of the enemies and began auto-attacking. Without doing anything else, I cast E again, which interrupted his auto-attack, but he started attacking again afterwards.

If someone can give me exact steps, that would be helpful.

Mxie

11-04-2012

Quote:
I'm unable to repro this with Amumu E. I started the game, leveled E, and stood in from of Blue. Without giving an attack order, I hit E, and Amumu auto-acquired one of the enemies and began auto-attacking. Without doing anything else, I cast E again, which interrupted his auto-attack, but he started attacking again afterwards.

If someone can give me exact steps, that would be helpful.
Can't speak for Amumu, but I know it happens with Shyvana's E (she stops autoattacking if you E while right-clicked).

Chalisar the Mad

11-04-2012

Quote:
Okay, so, like I said, we know there are issues with specific champions' abilities (like Amumu E)--I was curious if there was a more global problem we didn't know about.

This isn't one bug--each of these abilities are their own issue. I'm not saying we shouldn't or won't fix them (there are certainly more than I thought), but rather that I'm more concerned with a bug that, regardless of who you played, just caused you to randomly stop attacking a valid target.

But I'm definitely collecting the information in this thread to look into later.
If you actually play this game on any sort of regular basis you should have experienced this by now on at least one champ if not multiple champs. This is quite disturbing. It happens so often and on so many different champions that i can't even remember specifics. To be honest its so common i just thought it was intended.

PallasAthens

11-04-2012

With Wukong Q, if you switch targets after using Q(Cancelling animation), he takes a 1.5 second or so pause before using Q

BelligerentGnu

11-04-2012

This happens with Maokai sometimes in the jungle. Either Q or E, not sure which.