@Riot, please for the love of god fix that bug that makes you stop autoattacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nbs0317

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Dear @WhattayaBrian , I just take a sample video.
hope your help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diAqTj-3oHg

Cronovey

11-04-2012

I've had this issue specifically with the following:

Amumu E
Olaf E
Shyvana E
Rengar E
Fiddlesticks E
Maokai Q
Nautilus E

Granted, it isn't a super massive issue in the jungle, but this has been an issue in lane with Olaf before where a kill escapes one or two attacks away from death. Hard to reproduce though, but Olaf's Reckless Swing has consistently dropped target for me in lane.

[Edit] For some of these abilities, it is the fact that the champion will acquire a different target instead of the champion/creep targeted by the ability. For example, Reckless Swing on a champion and watch Olaf start attacking a nearby minion, etc.

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I'm unable to repro this with Amumu E. I started the game, leveled E, and stood in from of Blue. Without giving an attack order, I hit E, and Amumu auto-acquired one of the enemies and began auto-attacking. Without doing anything else, I cast E again, which interrupted his auto-attack, but he started attacking again afterwards.

If someone can give me exact steps, that would be helpful.
keep doing it, he will stop attacking from time to time
also, try starting the target with an auto attack, then follow up with E, instead of the other way around

exactly the same for malph

Sann92

11-04-2012

Hi WhattayaBrian i experienced this with Nautilus E. He just stop attacking after Respite. Appreciate your concerns

Fennec

Recruiter

11-04-2012

The bug is using Two skills at once. It will stop auto attacks until the player re targets.
Pretty sure it has to do with lag so it wont effect players with rather low pings.(So repo is harder for riot)

The easy ones to test this with is Ali and Riven. An Ali combo tends to always have his autos bug out and Riven 3rd Q into W works too.

Quote:
For Riven.
Hit level 2
Fight lizard/Golem
Cast Q two times
On Third Q cast Spam W with it
Riven should cast both spells and then walk up to lizard and not auto.
I think the 3Q and W timing is what the big issue is. I'm guessing low pings wont be effected by this due to the spells not having a higher chance of overlaping due to lag.

Mo00se

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbs0317 View Post
hope your help

Good work man!!!! as the video shows works sometimes then sometimes it doesnt

Kinvaras666

11-04-2012

Happens while Elise, sometimes after using her Bite she won't keep attacking (or chasing), which really helps the enemy get away

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbs0317 View Post
hope your help

Yea, pretty annoying.

I believe this has more to do with the fact the initial target dies from the spell (E) and the champion isn't auto acquiring another target.

Sorayai

11-04-2012

i heard tryn has this problem too, not sure which ability though, i think it was the spin... a friend said he had it happen to him

DivHaz

11-04-2012

I think I know how to-

In the jungle, the Golem will auto attack you. I believe that amumu starts AA'ing the golem once he gets a hit from it. But if you gank and you AA the target then use E... Amumu will stop AA'ing (because the target is running to the safety of the turret).

Well, I don't have any other idea of how to repro the bug.