I always have to play normals with and vs better players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zamiel The Grey

11-04-2012

I am a new lv30 with about 160 normals won. And for the last two weeks, I have been struggling to keep up with teamates and not feed/lose lanes to the other team. To put it bluntly I do lose top lane more than 50% of times and can often go 0/2 at 20:00. So I started using champs like ChoGath that scale well into late game even if I do terrible in lane. Supporting I feel I am relatively great at, but it does get boring to exclusively do.

I fully understand warding as well as map awareness, when to/not push, not chasing, not going solo, last hitting, and when to back out from objectives. The problem is that everyone seems to do the same - and still beat me.

So what I have done is look at the stats of everyone on the results screen. And as I have said, over the last two weeks of looking over this I find that I am consistently placed with 500 normals won players, while I have 160. 300 and 800 are extremities. Yet when on the rare occasion that teams are 200-300 I end up with 15/5 or something like that. Every time.

I am pretty sure that I am not in a point of skill balance, and for it to be such for this long to me seems that LoL is trolling me and I do not find it very nice. >.<

Any thoughts after my ranting...?

YuHZ

11-04-2012

IMO? wins and skill have nothing to do with each other. It's true that you'll probably have more experience with more wins but it doesn't mean that you will be better as a player.

Import3d209

11-04-2012

well as for me, i have 1159 wins normal. and yeah i get good players and bad players in normals. just have to kno the match up at that point and understand how your able to beat the people/person in front of you. mid lane is prob the easiest to learn how to trade blows with out going all in because of the short lane. u can transfer it to top to a extent. and i think its the hardest lane to be in because of how long and the solo nature of being on a "island" for instance, riven vs olaf. riven can beat olaf but it takes a good riven to beat a decent olaf. if u can shield his true dam and stay away from him when he has his lifesteal buff active you can come out on top before he gets real LS. and ur dmg is much more sustained . but if he is able to land his e with out your shield you will get chunked and loss every trade. its a skill based match up imo. see what i mean?

The Mason Crosby

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Import3d209 View Post
well as for me, i have 1159 wins normal. and yeah i get good players and bad players in normals. just have to kno the match up at that point and understand how your able to beat the people/person in front of you. mid lane is prob the easiest to learn how to trade blows with out going all in because of the short lane. u can transfer it to top to a extent. and i think its the hardest lane to be in because of how long and the solo nature of being on a "island" for instance, riven vs olaf. riven can beat olaf but it takes a good riven to beat a decent olaf. if u can shield his true dam and stay away from him when he has his lifesteal buff active you can come out on top before he gets real LS. and ur dmg is much more sustained . but if he is able to land his e with out your shield you will get chunked and loss every trade. its a skill based match up imo. see what i mean?
Grammar OP.

Amatzikahni

11-05-2012

Normal Queue does have a hidden Elo rating; it's possible that you've been winning often and that means you'll be playing with more skilled players, and after you've lost a few, you play games with people that you can stomp. The best thing to do is learn from the games that you lose and try to find things you did wrong in games you won; a path of constant improvement can be quite satisfying.

pochoclotot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

the best way to get better is to play with people that are better than you, I suggest you power through and learn as much as you can. Eventually you'll find you became a better player and you'll be able to keep up (hopefully)

absolutechaos01

11-05-2012

dude im lvl 29 w/30-40 wins and i play people all the time lvl 30 w/ 100-500 wins..... when i get matched up w/ people in the lvl 20s w/ under 100 wins its a wrap