What do you do when...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pudding Sundae

11-04-2012

you're laning against kat, and your jungler never gives you blue?

Do you stay at your tower with 25% hp so you don't miss that cannon minion? Do you let her roam all she wants? Do you follow her and get really far behind in gold and exp?

Serious question. I wanna know what all these junglers are expecting a mana champ to do vs kat's costless pushing and poke while having to choose between either trading back or keeping up in farm, much less being able to stop her from roaming and getting fed.

t3hep1cf47m4n

11-04-2012

Quote:
Do you stay at your tower with 25% hp so you don't miss that cannon minion?
no, you leave. if she kills you, you are going to be out wayyyy more than what you had gained if you have stayed.

Quote:
Do you let her roam all she wants?
pretty much. get wards in the river bushes so you know shes actually going to try and roam so she doesn't successfully gank.

Quote:
Do you follow her and get really far behind in gold and exp?
no, stay in lane and farm

now, what i do is get a chalice of harmony, it gives you MR to reduce her harass and some nice mana regen.

AversiveBias

11-04-2012

chalice of harmony. If u upgrade it into a athenes holy grail its like a perma blue buff.

Crank Shape

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding Sundae View Post
you're laning against kat, and your jungler never gives you blue?

Do you stay at your tower with 25% hp so you don't miss that cannon minion?
Never stay at your tower with that low of hp unless you have the area warded and Kat is in another lane.

Quote:
Do you let her roam all she wants?
You can't really control someone roaming, but the best advice is to have your jungler gank and shut her down immediately. Whenever the enemies in your lane start roaming, you should follow carefully. I like to bait the enemy mid into following me by acting like im going to another lane and surprise attacking out of a bush. So if you follow, do it through your jungle and not the river.

Quote:
Do you follow her and get really far behind in gold and exp?
If you don't follow her, you run the risk of her killing an ally in another lane. If this happens you will be farther behind in gold and xp simply because you did not follow. I see people push lanes when the enemies leave and it's not smart to do at all.

Quote:
Serious question. I wanna know what all these junglers are expecting a mana champ to do vs kat's costless pushing and poke while having to choose between either trading back or keeping up in farm, much less being able to stop her from roaming and getting fed.
Junglers aren't required to give you blue, it's just a smart thing to do. If you are playing a mana hungry champ (like Anivia), try to have a jungler who does not use mana like Mundo or Lee Sin.

LarcyBrown

11-04-2012

farm with skills, ward and go back often if you have to.

Katarina roaming is indeed one big step closer to you losing the game if you do nothing.
You HAVE to follow her, ESPECIALLY if she is going bot lane, even if you will be late just go, you can clean up low hp enemies.
If you dun follow her it better be warded and you bettter be pinging like a maniac for people to go back all the way to second turret, first turret wont ever matter past 5 min for 4 man dives.
If they dive you at second turret, i pray for you case your team had time to respond to countergank.