Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why am I always last pick in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salmondorf

Recruiter

11-04-2012

How does the system determine pick order? The last ten games I've played (I actually started counting them out) I have been last pick. Not like "Oh my god, I'm ALWAYS last pick!" type "it seems" like I'm always last pick. I have literally paid attention and noted that I am actually the last pick in all of my last 10+ ranked games. I know it's been at least ten games. Also noted, one of my dual partners that I occasionally play with is always first pick when we play together. What algorithm does the system use to determine your pick order? Theoretically there is supposed to be a 20% chance, but I did the math and that would literally be around the odds of winning the lottery. Should I go buy a lottery ticket?

Its not that I'm upset about it (though it is hard to play any position that you get shafted into by other players using pick order instead of call order), its just that I would at least like to know why I'm stuck with last pick other than "random chance."

Steelflame

11-04-2012

It is based on your elo. Higher your elo compaired to your team, higher yoru spot.

First pick is always highest elo on the team, second second highest, ect...

If you are duo'ing, then that would explain why you are always last. Your teammate is most likely over a hundred elo over you, and therefor get the first pick while you get last.

Salmondorf

Recruiter

11-04-2012

Quote:
Steelflame:
It is based on your elo. Higher your elo compaired to your team, higher yoru spot.

First pick is always highest elo on the team, second second highest, ect...

If you are duo'ing, then that would explain why you are always last. Your teammate is most likely over a hundred elo over you, and therefor get the first pick while you get last.

Thanks. =)

Its sad to think I do better than most of them. I mainly only lose my games because of **** teammates, which sucks.

xito

07-27-2013

You will only win games when you stop blaming your team,but work with them and stay positive and acknowledge your mistakes.

FaylureAtLoL

Recruiter

07-27-2013

Quote:
xxunhurtxx:
You will only win games when you stop blaming your team,but work with them and stay positive and acknowledge your mistakes.

Why bump a year old thread...

Tpurry

11-07-2013

l

kokpssy

01-24-2014

I think its stupid that they do this....should b completely random....yea lets give the better players their pick and leave the ones who got screwed over the ****ty worst pick that they may suck at....riot honestly has the worst ideas ever when it comes to ranked....and their updates....can you not do an update without messing everything else up?