Altars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12edruM

11-04-2012

Seems... picking a strong team, grabbing both altars early and roaming 3 together after that... wins most the games I've lost.

Reasoning: The team gets fed, and are hard to catch after they start gathering momentum. The best teams swarm around the jungle ganking the other team as they try to push a lane or grab an altar. If they do it by themselves, they die fast. If they do it as a group, they die with the combined altar buff.

When said team feels they are strong enough. They again, all together, push one lane and eventually win the game.

I have no idea how to alter the altars? Maybe reduce the buff a little?

Anyhow, those are my two cents about the altars. I like playing the new map, but think that it definately needs some reworking, polishing... I guess that is why it is in beta.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

It's what it seeems it happens but not what actually happens, an early altar advantage is at max +4ap+4ad and +300gold, it's +160 gold for the cap but if you aren't farming with that +4g per last hitbuff then it also becomes inconsequential and what really happens is

Your team worries about an inconsequential buff
Your teams gets counterinvaded and killed
Enemy team gets free 900 gold and says "lol what a tard enemy team free 900 gold for 4 ap? , we'll take it thanks n_n"
Enemy team gets juice out of those 900 gold and the extra levels you gave them
Your team loses
You blame the altars without really analyzing what made you lose on the first place.

Honestly altar invading loses more games than it wins for various reasons and the most important one is that they are near safe spots for their respective teams

or situation 2
two smart members of your team decide they can go on without altar till they reach 6 and then get control of the game at that point
Last member of your team is an Idiot bashes on your team for giving up your altar and not invading calls you names and decides to go Solo rambo altar, He feeds then bashes on your team and keeps feeding trying to get an altar when he'd get +7Ad from it at Most because he's already underleveled and undergeared.
You lose the game thanks to your feedng teammate

see a pattern?, altars aren't strong unless you put them to use, you won't get benefit of the +4gold per last hit if you aren't planning on farming and you won't get benefit from the +10% to stat unless you have at least 2k gold on items, and Rawr charging an enemy altar only gives BOTH of those advantages to the enemy team, farming time while your team is down so they can put the +4gold to good use, and the gold you gave them thanks to the kills makes them approach the Altar gold treshold faster so that they can put the second buff to a good advantage earlier than you. at that point it wouldn't matter you could try heading for an altar again and get counterganked or the enemy team could just ignore it and keep farming because the altar buff would still be inconsequential on your gold starved team +4ap/+5ad.. to +7ap/+11ad

12edruM

11-04-2012

I disagree with your post. That's 4ad and 4ap (more like 4-10 ap and ad) x3 (plus some champions use both with there first ability). Early game this can be huge. If you are a man short, your screwed with that stack. Especially if they stick together and have a comp they can roll with. They will back you up to your tower, jungle, own the map... etc...

Your math is short to your post's favor on everything that you state. So everyone starts out with 40 ad and 40 ap? You can't push lanes with 3 men at a time. Top and bottom? Farm and gank? Lol...

It is my opinion that we will see a nerf on the tower or just a total overhaul. Almost every game I play revolves around the early owner of both altars. On the games that I play where the altars are split 50/50. It plays out a pretty good game, as long as someone is not Darius or Jax.

And... of course I see a pattern, that is what this post was made for?????? Put altars to good use????

Lirrink

11-04-2012

if you control both alters and you farm your jungles(which with no wards, cna't tell where enemy team is but in lanes enemy can see you)and when you see team entering jungle whether one or all, you get jump on them and with shrine buffs always have advantage in team fights, the alters dictate winner if they are owned by the same team at start and htey hold htem

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12edruM View Post
I disagree with your post. That's 4ad and 4ap (more like 4-10 ap and ad) x3 (plus some champions use both with there first ability). Early game this can be huge. If you are a man short, your screwed with that stack. Especially if they stick together and have a comp they can roll with. They will back you up to your tower, jungle, own the map... etc...

Your math is short to your post's favor on everything that you state. So everyone starts out with 40 ad and 40 ap? You can't push lanes with 3 men at a time. Top and bottom? Farm and gank? Lol...

It is my opinion that we will see a nerf on the tower or just a total overhaul. Almost every game I play revolves around the early owner of both altars. On the games that I play where the altars are split 50/50. It plays out a pretty good game, as long as someone is not Darius or Jax.

And... of course I see a pattern, that is what this post was made for?????? Put altars to good use????
No that's a amxmum chapionns you run at treeline start with +40Ap AT MOT they ususallyhave a +20 ap start and as a riot member already stated a 70+ AD start is aFiora staring with W flat ad runes and a doran's blade which can only be rached by her, you are just deceiving yourselves thinking that getting altars early matter when a far safer and more viable strategy is to just ignore altar invaders or flat out kill them ebcause they are far form their bases and farm till 6 so that you have enough gold for altars to become relevant. Yet everyone is trying tog et altars remove dor remade with lame excuses when they are really thinking something stupid like "cuz dominion me haaate it"

Dazgdbog

11-05-2012

I found the best way to handle the alters is keep yours as much as possible, the 4 extra gold helps your farm rate (and the jungle farmer if you have one), and ONLY go for the enemy alter after you kill 2 or all 3 of them and you're ready to take it-

Example 1)
Your team ganks top tower, kills on, then kills a 2nd enemy who was coming to help, while the 3rd escaped low. Either split push (one on tower, 2 alter, etc) or all group the tower, B'ing as needed. Then simply watch your alter for a counter-grab (its okay if they get yours as long as your ready to keep them from getting the buff end game). I find that the 4g isnt huge unless your playing champions who can farm like Kat, Brand, Renekton, etc. Those champs need that 4g to get their expensive items early (as Kat I can get Witchcap around level 8 or 9 because of kills/assists/peons)

Example 2:
You kill one enemy, but lost one ally and another is wounded, but you 2 try for the alter. You get on, but are ganked by the other 2 and your wounded ally dies. 2v1 you now can't get the alter and either B, die, or get away. This then gives the enemy team availability for your alter if they run to it, or gives them a free lane to push.

TL;DR - Try to keep on altar for farming purposes, but focus on the lane/vilemaw/ganks over the 2nd altar until you can get it without a fight that could cost you the game.

Khabi Jenkins

11-05-2012

if you are in lane in TT you are playing wrong

12edruM

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
No that's a amxmum chapionns you run at treeline start with +40Ap AT MOT they ususallyhave a +20 ap start and as a riot member already stated a 70+ AD start is aFiora staring with W flat ad runes and a doran's blade which can only be rached by her, you are just deceiving yourselves thinking that getting altars early matter when a far safer and more viable strategy is to just ignore altar invaders or flat out kill them ebcause they are far form their bases and farm till 6 so that you have enough gold for altars to become relevant. Yet everyone is trying tog et altars remove dor remade with lame excuses when they are really thinking something stupid like "cuz dominion me haaate it"
I still think that your math is a little off or now you state that RIOTS math is off. +40 is normal for AD at the start? Is this for Tanky Tanks and Casters? I am also having a little trouble understanding your comment with all the misspellings and such. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I am just trying to give feedback for TT and contribute to the beta, the way I see it. I understand the strat of not going for both altars and risking the feeding of other team. These games seem to be the best, as I stated earlier. My problem, is when a strong team is able to take them both and snowball to victory. It seems to happen a lot.

I don't want to remove the towers. I like the strategy. I think it is a great addition to TT. The animations can lead to some noob mistakes (lol, watching them instead of watching wtf is going on). In other words, they are really well done. I think the 10 percent / 10 percent buff is too much in early game with the meta. Have read similiar posts from people lately and there are all kinds of great (good, mediocre, etc...) ideas floating around. One of them that I think maybe is worth a go, is holding off on them for an extra minute or two. Let lanes start to get established and maybe that team mate that stepped outside to puff on cig while waiting on the load screen doesn't ruin your whole game. Maybe scale the buff? I also like the idea, that you can interupt a capture like in dominion. This would help out the poor casters, or more like caster (I don't see a lot of comps that incorporate multiple casters) have a more viable role, then just support and lane pusher (I know this is somewhat exaggerated?)