Release Notes v1.0.0.102

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Real Monster

10-05-2010

The patch notes and swain spotlight threads are closed on the EU forums -10/14 o.O
and this thread is -537

omnigladius

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syraphina View Post
wow where to start on this masterpiece....

if you are truly a developer, (which i doubt but i digress) then your form of attitude is what makes the community feel the need to "whine" as you put it. Your job may be difficult, or challenging, but deal with it like a man.

People will be unhappy no matter how good of a job you do, its called customer service and if you dont get it, go work at a sub way for a week or two. The problem with this elitist attitude is it creates mistrust between fans and the company. Which is what your seeing in some right now, people complain because they feel they have a good idea, or because they see something wrong and they feel NOTHING is being done because they havent heard anything on it and there is little to no feedback on the issue.

Any human being would feel this way when left in the dark.

COMMUNICATION is key! You need to be open and honest with your community, whether it be a "oh crud we screwed up!" or "you know what, we are out of money and cant do that but maybe later" riot and other companies need to understand that the gaming community can and has the ability to understand that you are all human and make mistakes, but keeping customers (yes we are customers) in the dark, attacking their character (as u have) and trying to make your job seem as though god himself would have a hard time doing it, not only comes off as dishonest and elaborated, but childish as well.

It is the same reason no one will adhere or listen respectfully to your post, and will keep speaking up and complaining about things they see wrong in the game. No human being likes or desires to be patronized or left with no information, and will ultimately begin to second guess things when they are. Again, communication on riots part is demanded from their fan base. If riot or any other company, chooses to keep to themself, in the end there will be so much mistrust between community and company that the game will no longer recieve funds, as the next big game will come out and people will flock to it. Something that would never have happened if the community was loyal and informed.

youre correct about the current state of the blizzard company, ill give you that. But lets look at what got them this far. I played wow from beta, and from the start the original blizz, the one that hadnt sold protions of itself to germany and china yet, the developers were a group of mature adults who listened greatly to their community and constantly COMMUNICATED with their players.

I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see this, and as a result, i played the game for years because I not only trusted the company, but felt a loyalty to them that I had not felt with any other gaming companies. A loyalty that to many people, lasted through the time when blizz had finally decided to jump ship on their company, countless people stayed in denial, eventually coming to terms and refusing to pay for the now cheaply thought out game and expansions.

Some people do actually spend a great deal of money on this game. The people who comment the most ( i feel) are the people who have invested in it. There is a very small percent of people who strictly use the free champs, but the majority of the community buys riot points, therefore this free game is not so free.

It may be a willingness to spend the points because you dont have to, but the same could be said for a subscription to wow or any other p2p. If you want to play the game as it was fully intended, you have to pay. These f2p games actually cost more in the end, than p2p games. therefore, youre attack on the community about it being f2p so we have no right to "*****" i find is very flawed and again, a wrong mindset to be in.

This was such a childish remark, it at once made me lose all credibility for you as an adult. If your a child then it makes sense, if your an adult then I am sorry.

The united states is a place where FREEDOM OF SPEECH is not just three words falsely thrown about. It is a right, to speak up, to opinionate, and to criticize. Our forefathers spilled blood, sweat, and an accumulation of tears to see to it that elitists a$$wipes like yourself could hop onto any given forum and bash that right to your fullest extent. Enjoy.

I must admit the rest of your post I just read and did not take seriously, as you lost my respect by this time. But again to review, this very attitude that you illustrated is the very reason people will continue to complain.

I do commend you for explaining a little bit about how long it takes to fix these things, but to you and to riot I say, if they stopped putting money into making new champs every 2 weeks, and started remaking/buffing/reviewing the old champs and coming out with some kick ass skins, they would have enough money and time to fix at least SOME of these issues that are making people leave this game permanently. I suggest riot take action now, before they really start to see what it is like with limited funds. At the moment they are coming off as money hungry and careless to the community. At the risk of sounding redundant, it is COMMUNICATION that is lacking here....

I dont think you are done at all, and I dont think you feel better. You have presented information, yes, but in such a immature way as it has fueled the fire so to speak. All you have done is created more drama, and mistrust, if that was your intention, bravo sir.

Yes riot keep up the good work indeed, this is a great game and though i cannot speak for all of us in the community let me say that I do appreciate all of your hard work, I and many others, are simply asking you to pause some of the work your doing. Take a step back and see what the community really needs, and tell us openly, what is your agenda?

Thank you.
yeah, i was about to comment about this guys lack of....professionalism (seeing he is a developer, i think its just a cool story). Why attack Blizzard, look how much they listen to their community and how much money they making. Are you really that shallow as to attack a company and people's right to free speech. If we were to block 'stupid people off from the internet' then trolls like him would be first removed. I dunno which company you work for or what game you develop but go back to that one. Your not welcome here.

Rosaire

10-05-2010

Sivir Buff ! =] But really 25+ Range... Sad atleast make it like 50-100+ if that all you're going to do to her.

DN Frosty

10-05-2010

every1 needs to just chill out for a bit. WCG is over now and im sure Riot will go back to their usual housekeeping routine now. Like look what they gave us for a champion rotation, very op summoners. Just have fun with them and look forward to the next patch

Niahk

10-05-2010

time is it

Jynnxx

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syraphina View Post

Some people do actually spend a great deal of money on this game. The people who comment the most ( i feel) are the people who have invested in it. There is a very small percent of people who strictly use the free champs, but the majority of the community buys riot points, therefore this free game is not so free.

It may be a willingness to spend the points because you dont have to, but the same could be said for a subscription to wow or any other p2p. If you want to play the game as it was fully intended, you have to pay. These f2p games actually cost more in the end, than p2p games. therefore, youre attack on the community about it being f2p so we have no right to "*****" i find is very flawed and again, a wrong mindset to be in.
I am one of these people i have spent a ton of money between two accounts and was thinking about a third. But my cousin quit playing the game last night because of two guys who were brutally threatening him for the entire 50min match he was in. He reported them but hes right what good is it even if those people get banned there too many in this game that arent being banned. =( if he doesnt play then its not so fun anymore for me.

Raejack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

now i can play sivir with manamune. woot.

AssKetchum

10-05-2010

A large number of people who play LoL are getting too complacent when they should really be grateful for all the hard work Riot is doing.

Like it's been said before, Riot patches LoL almost every week but still people complain when the patch doesn't live up to their expectations. Sure, there are a lot of things that still need to be addressed, but that takes time, especially if they're working on the graphical overhaul and WCG.

The fact of the matter is that we're all lucky that Riot puts as much work into their game as they do. This patch is rather small, there's no argument there - but the rate at which new patches are released makes up for that.

Anyways, here's to bigger and better things for Riot and LoL in the future! Cheers.

Jynnxx

10-05-2010

i think like the other poster said, if riot said any of that and told us what was going on less people would comaplin about it because we'd know what was going on or coming up or whatever. were all complaining and asking questions cause we are not informed.

Wo0o0o0ble

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiosRebirth View Post
You know, I read this post, I see *****ing.

All of you are gamers. Cool story bros. Stop your ****ing whining.

I'm a developer. I've seen how much of a ***** it is to do this. and yet you all keep whining. It's not even just about a free ****ing game anymore.

Look at the facts. We'll go with a company like Blizzard. Their staff is about 100x(Maybe more) the staff of Riot.

Guess what. They can't ****ing get a game right, you pay them a ****load of money to play their games, and they're constantly breaking just about every mechanic.

But hey, you got a company with a free to play game, busting their asses, and you think you feel the need to *****?

God I hope the US releases a law to stop unintelligent people from accessing the internet. Seriously. I guarentee with both the server and client, there is ATLEAST a couple million lines of a code, not to mention some type of database to hold all account information.

But hey, What do you dumb asses know? You guys just log in and play a game, and it's currently anywhere between 5AM - 9AM for most americans. So.. Work?.... School? Yeah.... I thought so.

Now, let me continue with my rant.

We'll go To Blizzard again. Or perhaps Valve? You pay up the ass for our games, and we'll release patches every couple of months. Most of the **** will be useless, but a few things that make the players go "ooooo Shiny".

But Wait for it.

Riot updates their game EVERY WEEK. Not every couple of months. But hell, From the posts i've read, you're all incapable of understanding that.

Let me continue again. ANY GAMING COMPANY release a game. It has bugs. FOR MONTHS. For Years on some games. It is extremely bad on a lot of pay to play games.

Now, we look at DoTA, we look at HoN. Months and months inbetween patches.

Now, do me a favor

Take LoL's patch notes weekly. Add them up for about 12 - 16 weeks straight. It's a huge ****ing list. Bigger than the other games patch notes.

But hey, once again, that would take intelligence.

For Big Larry

"10 minutes spent on champion fixes
1 minute spent on item fixes
10 days spent on things that will make them money"

Let me take you to something. I do wow emulation. Why? Cause It's fun. I do it in my freetime when I'm not working on other projects or working.

Now, correctly fixing a spell can take anywhere from 30 minutes, to 6 hours. I don't modifiy animations, or damages, or anything like that. It's simply to get the spell to work. So It could probably take a developer here anywhere from 1 - 12 hours to fix ONE spell.
That's not bad considering it takes companies like blizzard, and whoever made Aion, weeks to fix simple issues with abilities/spells.

Now. For an item, they're either handled via the server or a database the server reads from. Most items can be simple fixes, depending if something is handled via the server for them or not.
Now, we come to skinning of characters. Herp derp. Simple ****. Changing of coloring and a few alterations usually. Probably less than spells take.

Overall, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

I got $20 saying you don't pay anything to this company that releases a FREE GAME, but you ***** about them wanting to make atleast some money off their hard work.

I'm done with my rant. Keep up the good work Riot.

I will claim your $20.