"Almost No One" didn't read past game 1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajiic

11-04-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5877466/

Yes game 1 isn't punishable. In fact the typed excuse for the report is chuckle worthy.

Game two he is an obvious leaver. This should at least warrant a warning, but considering it only took two reports to get him to Tribunal, I'm sure he's had a history of this. Can we get someone to re-look at this case please?

TheFlyingSpoon

11-04-2012

I think that the majority of judges didn't agree that the player leaving in Game 2 was punishable.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

I can see that viewpoint as well, he apologized, no one on his team reported him for the behavior. Maybe they understood, and there was no cross-team communication to indicate it either way, so the enemy chose to report the leaver.

Arasuki

11-04-2012

yes i agree with flyingspoon. he didnt seem like he left as a troll but for good reason. and it was also only 1 game where he left so i wouldve pardoned him for that.

and the first game was just no.

lvlisanthropy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

He actually seemed rather nice XD But that's me. I suppose anything is worth looking into.
Is there any way to see usernames from those reports? I can't seem to.
It's a shame :V I would have added some friends to my list. lol

Ada Wong

11-04-2012

If I judge someone I put myself in the other players shoes, I always check the logs and all games/evidence before I click pardon or punish. If I see other players trolled the person into such depending I wont punish thats for sure, while I agree cussing is bad I need a way to punish both players or more than one.

For example if there is evidence of passive Griefing/Trolling/Baiting a Response.

ZerglingsForZion

11-04-2012

I remember this one. I voted pardon because of two reasons:
1 no one on his team reported in case two and he was polite about it.
2 Leave-buster will get him if he makes a habit of leaving.

So putting that together there is insufficient evidence to take action against him. Someone put it really well a while, that we shouldn't go in looking for reasons to punish. We should take in the evidence and then think about if it warrants action against them.

Kajiic

11-04-2012

I was just curious. It had been explained to me in the past that leaving was leaving (I had a friend get a 3 day ban half a year ago because through a week he had a few games where he was disconnected due to internet issues). And these are the cases that I wish we could say "Pardon" "Punish" or "Warn", because I definitely would just like a little heads-up email saying "Bro, we know real life calls and such like that, just a heads up that frequently doing this will result in action"

Elanorien

Recruiter

11-04-2012

I'm gonna be the ass hat that points this out :3. Saying "lmost no one didn't read past" means almost everyone did, when I think you meant you meant "almost no one read past" XD

That being said, yeah, that's sketchy, I'd have been on the fence leading toward punish for the leave, but there are some good points here. LeaverBuster will straighten things out if it's recurring behavior. Sometimes RL pops up unexpectedly, it's happened to me once, in ranked no doubt, and this guy seems worth the benefit of the doubt.

Lagenor

11-04-2012

It's the responsibility of the player to ensure they have a good, stable connection. If your connection does not allow you to play full games, or near-complete games, don't join one. If you believe your connection is unstable, do a few custom games with friends and let them know you want to do customs to get a feel of your stability.

I played, I think two games on satellite internet right next to each other. I DC;d from both, but I never got banned. But I won't ever try it again.

Also, I would report depending on the context of the leave. Was there an apology? Did he have extremely bad stats midgame and left without saying a thing, and makes you think it was because of rage? Did he have an argument? etc.

If he didn't have bad behavior, it isn't the responsibility of the tribunal to report who left what games, that's leavebuster.