how to carry effectively solo bot lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

11-03-2012

I seem to be having a big problem at bot lane. that is, the game is largely dependant on my teammates being decent and not screwing up big time. i feel that the problem is exacerbated at bot lane compared to other lanes.

when at mid or top, i have a solo lane so if i could potentially be much better than my opponent and snowball from there. alternatively if i'm giving my opponent a hard time i can roam.

when at bot lane, i rely on my laning partner not to be terrible. when playing ADC, i rely on my lane partner not to be engaging stupidly or not push the minion wave to where they can just farm safely by freezing the lane. when playing support, i rely on my adc to actually be able to last hit and know basics of positioning, i.e. not going out to where they can catch him and blow him up 2 v 1. nothing is more frustrating that seeing your ADC auto attack everything and have 30 cs by 20 minutes.

plus, i can't really roam at bot lane except maybe get dragon with jungler assistance. because it's a 2-man team, it's much easier to push the lane to the tower.

anyone out there who solo queues any of the roles at bot lane have any advice?

Judas Priest

11-04-2012

If you are so frustrated playing bot lane, start playing mid, top and jungle. At bot, it's unwise to ignore your lane partner, since you'll split XP with him and you can't really double kill the other team without him. Furthermore, the ADC is usually squishy, so if you tell your partner to go away (go to other lane or constantly gank other lanes so you can be alone most of the time), as an ADC you will lack sustain to hold a 1x2 lane. If your opponents are smart, they will harass you, push the lane and dive to kill you when you HP is low.

Hirumonogatari

11-04-2012

don't get me wrong, a good lane partner makes all the difference and you ignore him at your peril.

what i mean is, it's quite difficult to "carry" games at bot lane because your performance is directly impacted by your lane partner. if i was top for example, i could snowball my lane and have a direct large impact on mid - late game if i went 4-0.

however at bot lane, in solo queue that job becomes so much harder. on top of my own performance, i have to be lucky enough to be matched with a lane partner that isn't derping around and doing idiotic things i've mentioned above. because it essentially turns into a 1 v 2, it becomes that much harder to have a large impact on the game by yourself.

Teprick

11-04-2012

Hi,
continue to solo queue. When you will meet a good ADC, add him.

GateKeeperTeddy

03-24-2014

I know the feel, when you find one catch onto them and dont release them, stalk them.....