The reason NA lost game 1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chef

10-04-2010

Everyone is making a huge deal about TF, but I don't think he was the game changer.

Honestly, I think where the game was turned around was when EU somehow stole that first early baron. It seemed like NA had the advantage up to that point. By going for baron they allowed TF to pick up top and bottom turrets, which isn't a huge deal IF they get baron. But since they didn't, the advantage was swung in EU's favor because it allowed them to go on the offensive. I'm not sure if it was a miss timed smite or how EU got it, but if NA actually got that early baron it would have forced EU to play on the defensive which completely trashes what they wanted to do, which was split push, farm, and avoid team fights. I don't think EU could have held a turret 4v5 if NA has baron. Just my two cents.

Limited Edition

10-04-2010

It didn't just happen once, but baron got stolen from them twice =O.

AncientART

10-05-2010

OP purple side, NA onli needed one baron buff to win, but they kept stealing so no baron 4 them.

Gumb E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

Also when NA killed most of the enemy team, but decided to B instead of knocking down mid. With fog of war it maybe felt less assured/safe to NA, but I think they coulda 5man dogpiled that mid turret and brought it down and still had time to B and take a lunch. That gold woulda quickly gone to good use when they recalled, and the zone advantage mid would have made it harder for EU to freely move around and defend wherever needed.

threelite

10-05-2010

Europe plays a different game than North America. They like to poke and push, North America likes to team fight and then win. Team fighting is a much more solid skill, especially when you can predict a cheese strat like distract & push with a character as mobile as TF.

Monzie

10-07-2010

I would have really liked to see game 3 with amumu/taric bans, and see if the NA strat got baked.

Kroghar

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
I would have really liked to see game 3 with amumu/taric bans, and see if the NA strat got baked.
Replaced with Galio/Sona?