November MCCC - The Inside is Bigger than the Outside

12345612 ... 31
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Munkey20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Tella, the Phase Hunter

I designed her to be able to be versatile. I've always had a fondness for champs that can be built multiple ways and be effective without anyone trying to tell them they are doing it wrong. I could see Tella as a good top or mid or maybe a jungle for the adventurous players. I envision her being built either AP or AD or a hybrid build of both. Most of her abilities are able to scale from either playstyle into something viable. If she is built AP she will be more of a mage assassin using Faultline to knock up her target, Shifting onto them while having Dimensional Pulse to deal extra damage to them with your spells bursting the target down. As an AD your combo will be similar except not doing as much damage and having the burst from your Shift shred your enemies armor while your auto attacks deal most of the damage and Faultline is used to try and keep them from getting away. Dimensional Pulse will deal some more damage, but most of it will come from the AS and AD boost from that ability's passive.

I realize the lore is a little long, and I've tried to trim it some, but I can't do much to it without it feeling like its not telling a full story. I feel like if I took out too much more it will feel empty and pointless. Trying to convey that Malzahar is a ******* that took Kassadin's daughter from him, had her tortured in the Void, then saved her from it, get her to love him and hate her real father, then sending her to kill him and disowning her because she couldn't do it might be a little more elaborate than most of the lore, but its all I could do. I've never been able to just tell half a story even if it does end up a little long winded. Its kinda like a lore and a judgement rolled into one.

Lore:

The girl awoke in darkness, pain searing her mind as scratching and screams echoed between her ears and in her eyes. She could remember nothing but the screams and the pain. She had no notion of time in this place, no idea of what was going on outside this world of darkness and horror. There was always a light just out of reach and she felt peace coming from it, but it just made the screams hurt that much more. She felt the light was teasing her, toying with her. She turned her back on it and saw a hooded man there, no, she didn’t see him, but she knew he was there somehow. She sensed him and felt him as a point of light in the darkness. He seemed at home in this place, he said to her, “I am Malzahar, I am here to save you.” He took her hand and slowly drifted towards another light, the screaming and the pain subsided as she was carried closer.

The two arrived in a place of crumbling buildings and strange statues, he told her “Your name is Tella, you are now my daughter, and I will help you become as strong as you need to be.” Malzahar trained her in how to harness the power she was being taught in the darkness. As she reached back there in her mind the screaming no longer hurt, but some of it seemed to be telling her secret things, how to use the chaos around her as a plaything. She could now step back into the darkness and hear the voices once again telling her how to use this gift they were trying to give her. She felt she had an enemy in the world beyond the crumbling city, and she must find him before he found her. Malzahar showed her the way out of Icathia and how to return should she ever need to and let her venture out to find this person that hunted her.

Tella felt it was the same light that had teased her in the darkness was now drawing her towards it. This light was her prey. There were many lights around her, some darker than others, some weaker, some felt touched by the same voices she had come to enjoy while in the darkness, but only one out there she needed to find in order to feel true peace. She touched the light with her mind and a dark rift opened in front of her. She saw the light as it really was. It was a man that had been touched by the same screams she had. He wore a mask, but she could see through the mask and the void touched girl felt that she knew him. He reached out for her, trying to speak a name he swore he would never say again. All he could manage was a soft whisper of “my baby”. She had found her prey, but she couldn’t bring herself to kill him and end the hunt. She knew this man as something more, but as she tried to think of who he was the pain and the screams came back, urging her to focus on the task at hand. “This man is our enemy” they screamed, “Kill him before he kills you” the voices ordered. But she could not do it. She fought back the screams and opened a rift the to the darkness, she had to find the hooded man she called father. He would help her make this right and stop the screams. She found his light and went to it, but when she arrived, he berated her for not doing as she was told. He said if she truly wanted to be his daughter she would kill the man. He banished her from Icathia until she had done as she was told. She was found wandering by some summoners and brought to the League because they knew she held a great power. Here she would train herself until she could kill this man and return to be with her father in the crumbling city.

Appearance:

Tella wears a blue and purple dress. Her arms are bare except for purple bands around her bicepts, wrists and hands. The dress comes up to her neck and down to her knees. She doesn't wear shoes, but also has purple bands on her calves, ankles, and feet. She has long black hair that goes down her back and is tied off in loose twin tails by her shoulders with blue bands. She has a black band over her eyes that wraps around her head. She has a conjured dagger in each had that she attacks with. They are purple and look somewhat like Kassadin's blade, but actually knife shaped and she is holding them. She floats instead of walking.

Stats:
HP: 440 (+82)
HP Regen: 7.1(+0.55)
MP: 235 (+41)
Mana Regen: 6.8 (+0.8)
AD: 54(+3.6)
AS: 0.64(+3.4%)
Armor: 20(+3.15)
MR: 30(+1.3)
MS: 320

Abilities:

Passive - Phasing: Tella connection to the Rift gets stronger everytime she touches an enemy, she is not effect by unit collision on minions and Champions and gains 1 stack of Phase Stalking per enemy unit she moves through. Phase Stalking reduces all physical damage taken by 1% per stack, 20 stacks max. Phase Stalking lasts 5 seconds. Cannot gain a stack of Phase Stalking from the same enemy more than once every 3 seconds.

Q - Shift: Passive: Tella sees enemies in Fog of War as points of light within a 600/650/700/750/800 radius around her. These points are not targetable and show no information about the enemy. She does not sense stealthed units or wards.

Active: Tella opens a rift to in space to get behind an enemy. When she appears she deals 80/100/120/140/160 (+80% AP) magic damage and releases a burst that reduces armor of all enemies in 350 range by 4/8/12/16/20 (+15% Bonus AD) for up to 5 seconds. Enemies that are closer to Tella have the debuff on them longer. 90 mana cost. 12 second cooldown. 500 range.

W - Faultline: Tella throws a bolt along the ground that after 1 second opens up a crack in the ground that launches all enemies hit in the air and damages them for 100/130/160/190/220 (+50% AP) magic damage. Damage along the initial line is increased by 50%(150/195/240/285/330 +75% AP) and is decreased by 50% on the edge of the effect (50/65/80/95/110 +25% AP). 80/90/100/110/120 mana cost. 18/16/14/12/10 second cooldown. 700 range, 400 wide.

E - Dimensional Pulse: Passive: For each stack of Phase Stalking Tella gains 2% attack speed and 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 AD(Counts toward bonus AD).
Toggle: For each stack of Phase Stalking Tella deals 3/4/5/6/7 (+3% AP) magic damage every second to all enemies in a 200 range. 20 mana per second.

R - Rift Burst: Tella releases a blast of energy around her in a 500 radius. All effects weaken as they move away from Tella. Tella stuns all enemies for up to 2 seconds and deals 100/150/200 (+40% AP)magic damage. Tella gains 30% MS and 15/25/35 AD for 5 seconds. Kills and Assists while this effect is active reduce her cooldowns by 5 seconds. When this effect ends all stacks of Phase Stalking go away. 100/150/200 mana cost. 140/120/100 second cooldown.

Editz: Tweaked, added stats, changed stuff.

matrixEXO

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototypetwo View Post
I also have concerns over the first challenge being restrictive--in terms of gameplay mechanics. I haven't thought of many ways to create that effect other than exactly what you've mentioned. I'd suggest requiring at least 1 ability with that direct effect, with time/space manipulation as a main thematic. Perhaps.

I think I'd like to help judge this month. I'll probably create a champion by the end just out of interest. I'll review an october entry and edit it in here.

Review: Yew, the Emerald Beacon

Story: Somewhat short and a few minor errors. Not particularly compelling, but provides background. 2/5

Stats: Good--squishy, overall appropriate for a utility support. 5/5

Abilities: 14/25
Individual:
Passive: Good use of dichotomy, as Yew is otherwise defense-oriented.
Q: Fairly complicated overall. Offers a choice between poke and sustain. Lacks information about leash range.
W: Excellent defensive buff (particularly with Ether), straightforward.
E: Applies extra effects for extra mana cost, and allows for skillful health/mana switches.
R: I'm not sure why anyone would ever cast this without Ether Form, since it's clearly optimal in a big team fight. This has good counterplay since it's interruptible (and would be an obvious visual priority).

Kit: Clearly based around regeneration, Yew's kit features unique ways of healing and sustaining. Overall, I think the kit is *too* defensive, with 2 ways to heal and a defensive buff.

Gameplay: I think some people would enjoy this champion, but many would be frustrated that even more than most supports, Yew has limited offense (Ether Q). Yew may be frustrating for enemies since Ether Form grants a huge health+mana pool. All effects should be clear to allies and enemies. 3/5

Overall: 24/40

The challenges are satisfied by the passive (dichotomy), E+W (aura) and the non-human wisp appearance.
Should be a wrong place to post this. Not sure. Don't care. Gonna comment anyway.

My Q does not have any leash range since it doesn't apply a leash. It's just a buff/debuff applied onto the end. I hadn't intended it to have a leash in the first place.

Also, as for the damage part, true damage not stronk enough? 150/300 true damage is quite a hard hitter. But then, if you want more damage why not build more AP and get your damage from his Ether Form's auto-attack damage?

Prototypetwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixEXO View Post
My Q does not have any leash range since it doesn't apply a leash. It's just a buff/debuff applied onto the end. I hadn't intended it to have a leash in the first place.

Also, as for the damage part, true damage not stronk enough? 150/300 true damage is quite a hard hitter. But then, if you want more damage why not build more AP and get your damage from his Ether Form's auto-attack damage?
Ah, I see. With the Q I was mostly just curious, as Energy Link sounded proximity-based. I see the possibility of stacking AP to make auto-attacks strong (and on other kits, it'd probably be too strong with a 1.0AP ratio per attack), but with no steroids, escapes, and very limited crowd control, I don't think that's a healthy choice. Of course that does offer a different build than support.

I didn't mean to be too harsh, but hopefully my concerns make sense. And I'm sorry to single you out; I just had to pick one champion and I liked yours.

matrixEXO

11-04-2012

Quote:
Ah, I see. With the Q I was mostly just curious, as Energy Link sounded proximity-based. I see the possibility of stacking AP to make auto-attacks strong (and on other kits, it'd probably be too strong with a 1.0AP ratio per attack), but with no steroids, escapes, and very limited crowd control, I don't think that's a healthy choice. Of course that does offer a different build than support.

I didn't mean to be too harsh, but hopefully my concerns make sense. And I'm sorry to single you out; I just had to pick one champion and I liked yours.
No, I do understand your concerns. The reason for not having a proper escape mechanic is mainly because I didn't want his dichotomy to be overpowered, along with his regular kit. There has to be a balance and with it, I ended up abandoning the escape mechanic all-together. The 1.0 AP ratio may seem strong, but it deals in terms of magical damage. Champions that stack magic resist will be able to counteract this damage, as well as AD Champions that take Maw to add to that defense.

For AP build, what I would suggest is more of a ASPD-AP with Lichbane to maximize damage proc (since Ether Form toggle causes Lich to proc. I purposely left it there for this kind of build). Total of 2.0 AP as damage and have a high enough armor and magic resist (from his Nature's Bosom) to tank most of the damage that comes your way.

Prototypetwo

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixEXO View Post
No, I do understand your concerns. The reason for not having a proper escape mechanic is mainly because I didn't want his dichotomy to be overpowered, along with his regular kit. There has to be a balance and with it, I ended up abandoning the escape mechanic all-together. The 1.0 AP ratio may seem strong, but it deals in terms of magical damage. Champions that stack magic resist will be able to counteract this damage, as well as AD Champions that take Maw to add to that defense.

For AP build, what I would suggest is more of a ASPD-AP with Lichbane to maximize damage proc (since Ether Form toggle causes Lich to proc. I purposely left it there for this kind of build). Total of 2.0 AP as damage and have a high enough armor and magic resist (from his Nature's Bosom) to tank most of the damage that comes your way.
Yeah, I'm glad he didn't have an escape because it would certainly be imbalanced. The problem remains that to build AP, you'd essentially have to be a solo lane. But I can't see him working out in mid or top. That's not a bad thing, of course. Anyway, the E passive is a lich bane on every hit, which makes AS/AP crazy if you get the gold for it. He'd fairly easily reach some of the highest dps levels in the game, with heals and a life-switch mechanic to boot. Perhaps too feast/famine for my taste.

And I'm sorry to take up multiple posts here, but I find it a good discussion.

Espy Psyche

11-04-2012

I SO wish I could enter my January champion, who was even complete with Doctor Who references...

ObscureClockwork

11-04-2012

Quote:
I also have concerns over the first challenge being restrictive--in terms of gameplay mechanics. I haven't thought of many ways to create that effect other than exactly what you've mentioned. I'd suggest requiring at least 1 ability with that direct effect, with time/space manipulation as a main thematic. Perhaps.

I think I'd like to help judge this month. I'll probably create a champion by the end just out of interest. I'll review an october entry and edit it in here.

Review: Yew, the Emerald Beacon

Story: Somewhat short and a few minor errors. Not particularly compelling, but provides background. 2/5

Stats: Good--squishy, overall appropriate for a utility support. 5/5

Abilities: 14/25
Individual:
Passive: Good use of dichotomy, as Yew is otherwise defense-oriented.
Q: Fairly complicated overall. Offers a choice between poke and sustain. Lacks information about leash range.
W: Excellent defensive buff (particularly with Ether), straightforward.
E: Applies extra effects for extra mana cost, and allows for skillful health/mana switches.
R: I'm not sure why anyone would ever cast this without Ether Form, since it's clearly optimal in a big team fight. This has good counterplay since it's interruptible (and would be an obvious visual priority).

Kit: Clearly based around regeneration, Yew's kit features unique ways of healing and sustaining. Overall, I think the kit is *too* defensive, with 2 ways to heal and a defensive buff.

Gameplay: I think some people would enjoy this champion, but many would be frustrated that even more than most supports, Yew has limited offense (Ether Q). Yew may be frustrating for enemies since Ether Form grants a huge health+mana pool. All effects should be clear to allies and enemies. 3/5

Overall: 24/40

The challenges are satisfied by the passive (dichotomy), E+W (aura) and the non-human wisp appearance.
im satisfied with this review
ill add you to the judging list

maybe ill post a list of things i would accept for the first theme? i haven't gotten any complaints about it other than you yet, but we'll see

Luninareph

11-04-2012

Astraios, the Master of the Vortex
Home: Freljord
Weapon: Wood staff; projects cutting rings of wind from it and his hands
Role: Ranged AS/AP DPS
Alternate Release Skin: Night Sky Astraios

Quote:
Summary
Astraios is a ranged DPS who can fill either the roles of AP mage-carry or AS/AP hybrid DPS carry. His game revolves around hitting as many targets as possible with his AOE abilities in order to maximize his damage and gain stacks of his passive to power up his autoattacks. E functions as a protective tool against the natural predator of the mage--the AD carry--and gives him a burst of MS, giving him a chance to avoid ganks and bruisers (especially combined with the slow from his W) if they blow their gapcloser early. His ultimate can be used for many purposes, such as pulling enemies together for added AOE potential, hard-CC-ing a channeling opponent, dragging a squishy out of position, or preventing a fleeing target from escaping, but it has a high cooldown, meaning it must be used with care.

While he is a squishy target with low natural AD and AS, his passive adds AP damage to his autoattacks and his AP ratios are solid, allowing him to scale both physically and magically by building AP. He synergizes well with AP items that benefit autoattacks, such as Malady and Lich Bane, but he needs to build at least some survivability to counter his natural squishiness as well or else he will never survive long enough to put his passive's damage to any use.

WEEK ONE: ABILITIES

Passive: Stormcaller
Quick Description: Casting spells gives Astraios "charges" that buff his autoattacks.
Quote:
While calling fellow wind spirits to the field, Astraios is also gathering his own power. When a wind spirit interacts with an enemy, Astraios gains a Storm Charge up to a cap. When Astraios has Storm Charges, his next autoattack deals extra magical damage and consumes one Storm Charge. Instead of a chakram of wind, Storm Charged autoattacks are lightning bolts--like Xerath's Arcanopulse or Kennen's Electrical Surge--stretching from Astraios' hand to his target.

When Astraios affects a target with one of his spells, he gains one stack of Storm Charge for every enemy target affected. As long as Astraios has at least one stack of Storm Charge, his next autoattack deals 20/26/32/38/44/50 + (0.3 x AP) magical damage to its target and consumes one stack of Storm Charge. Astraios can have up to 1/3/5/7/9/11 stacks of Storm Charge at a time, and after five seconds without casting or autoattacking, he begins to lose stacks at the rate of one stack per second.

Q: Notus Summoning
Quick Description: Damages enemies in a line. Deals extra damage to enemies being damaged by Kaikias Summoning.
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 5 sec (3 sec with 40% CDR)
Range: 1000 skillshot, 1300 speed
Quote:
Astraios summons Notus, Bringer of Summer, who flies forward in a searing-hot red-and-gold gale to damage all enemies in his way. When his tropical gusts interact with Kaikias' frigid winds, extra damage is dealt.

Notus rushes out from Astraios on a skillshot path, dealing 60/80/100/120/140 + (0.6 x AP) magical damage to all targets. Targets being affected by Kaikias Summoning take increased magical damage equal to 90/120/150/180/210 + (0.9 x AP). For every target damaged by Notus, Astraios gains one stack of Storm Charge.

W: Kaikias Summoning
Quick Description: Debuffs target's MR. Target and enemies close to them take DOT damage and are slowed by each DOT tick.
Cost: 80/95/110/125/140 mana
Cooldown: 10 sec (6 sec with 40% CDR)
Range: 600 to center of AOE; 400 diameter of AOE
Quote:
Astraios summons Kaikias, Bearer of the Hailstone Shield, who sinks his chilling cold into a target's bones. The area around the target becomes filled with a raging hailstorm, damaging any who attempt to come to their aid.

Kaikias marks a target enemy, reducing their MR by 15% for 3 seconds. For the duration of the debuff, the target becomes the center of a freezing glacial storm that deals 30/45/60/75/90 + (0.25 x AP) magical damage per second to the target and all enemy units within a radius of 200 units, to a maximum of 90/135/180/225/270 + (0.75 x AP) damage. Any unit that takes damage from the hailstorm is slowed by 10/15/20/25/30% for two seconds, reapplied with every tick of damage dealt. Whenever a unit takes damage from Kaikias Summoning, Astraios gains a stack of Storm Charge.

If the target dies, the storm will remain in place around their body and continue to damage enemies for its duration. If the initial target of the spell uses Cleanse or Quicksilver Sash to dispel the debuff from themselves, the blizzard will also disappear. If a secondary target uses Cleanse or Quicksilver Sash while standing in the blizzard, the slow will vanish from them until the next tick of damage is applied. The targeted casting of Kaikias Summoning will pop spellshields, but the blizzard's DOT does not.

E: Iapyx Summoning
Quick Description: Astraios takes less damage from ranged autoattacks and gains MS for each nearby enemy champion.
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 14 sec (8.4 sec with 40% CDR)
Range: 800 radius around Astraios
Quote:
Astraios summons Iapyx, Baron of the Upper Atmosphere, who surrounds Astraios in a protective sphere of fast-moving air. Ranged attacks aimed at Astraios will inflict less damage, and Astraios gains movement speed based on how many enemy champions are in range to push the heavy winds off of.

Astraios applies a buff to himself for 3 seconds, gaining resistance to ranged autoattacks and additional movement speed. As long as Iapyx Summoning is active, ranged autoattacks deal 30/35/40/45/50% less damage and every enemy champion within 800 units grants Astraios a bonus 10% movement speed. Every ranged autoattack Astraios is hit by while Iapyx Summoning is active grants Astraios a stack of Storm Charge.

R: Divine Tempest
Quick Description: Three-directional skillshot that drags enemies toward the center. Enemies at the center are knocked into the air.
Cost: 100/150/200 mana
Cooldown: 120/110/100 sec (60 sec with 40% CDR)
Range: 800 to center of AOE; 500 for the path of each wind spirit; 200 diameter of tornado AOE
Quote:
Astraios summons his favored wind spirits to wreak havoc on the field. The three spirits materialize in three different directions, then rush toward each other, damaging all enemy targets caught in their headlong rush and sweeping them up along with the spirits. When the spirits crash into each other at the center of the attack, they begin to spiral into the air, creating a raging, multicolored hurricane that lifts enemies right off their feet.

The skill operates on vector targeting, like Viktor's Death Ray or Rumble's ultimate The Equalizer. Wherever you click initially determines where the first spirit appears; wherever you then drag your cursor determines his direction. One spirit will appear and run directly along the line drawn by your directional drag. The other two will take points equidistant away from the first spirit and each other, like points on a triangle, and rush in simultaneously. Enemy champions (this skill does not affect minions or neutral monsters) in the path of the spirits take 150/200/250 + (0.5 x AP) magical damage and are knocked up to 150 units toward the center of the skill. An enemy can only be damaged and moved by one air spirit per casting.

When the spirits meet 500 units from where they began, they spin upwards together, creating a 200-unit wide tornado. Enemies caught in the tornado, including those who have already taken damage, take 150/225/300 + (0.7 x AP) magical damage and are knocked into the air for 1.5 seconds. Total magic damage to an enemy hit with both portions of this spell is 550 + (1.2 x AP). Astraios gains one stack of Storm Charge for every champion that takes damage from this spell, regardless of whether they take damage from one or both parts of it.

WEEK TWO: LORE
Quote:
The frozen wilds of Freljord are home to many strange creatures and unthinkable wonders, many of which have never been seen by human eyes. And no place in Freljord is more mysterious than the Gelid Vortex, a colossal storm circling the north pole. This is home to the mighty Winds of the World, the immaterial wind spirits who blow all across Runeterra, and their leader is Astraios, the most powerful of their kind. Cold and distant, Astraios has never exhibited much interest in the world of humans...until today, when Janna Windforce, the most powerful air sorceress in over a hundred years, walks the land of Valoran. Angry at the presumption of this snippet who dared command the Winds, Astraios created a thunderstorm to destroy her as she flew her dirigible, the Tailwind, in a race across the ocean. Unaware that the storm was an attempt on her life, Janna calmed the mighty winds with only a gesture and a word, and in doing so demonstrated aeromancy the likes of which Astraios had never seen. Aloof and unmatched for so long, the Master of the Vortex fell desperately in love at this sight of a power that equaled his own, and he at once decided that he would have Janna for his consort.

Wind tradition decrees that for Astraios to woo his lady, he must create a storm that impresses her with its size and ferocity. However, no matter how big and tumultuous the storm Astraios created for his courtship, Janna would always inexplicably dispel it or shunt it away from the cities she was staying in. It was as though she was unaware of his burning passion for her hand. Frustrated at his lack of success and enraged by the humor the other Winds found in the situation, Astraios consulted one of the star witches of Freljord, who crafted a spell that would temporarily give Astraios the form of a human so that he could find Janna and convince her to be his queen on human terms. There was a catch, however: releasing Astraios' full power to create the perfect storm would break the spell, reverting him to a Wind form incapable of normal human speech.

Certain that Janna would understand once he explained the situation to her, Astraios commanded his three most loyal Winds--silent Notus, crude Kaikias, and eccentric Iapyx--to bring him south to Valoran, where he sought out the Storm's Fury. Unfortunately, things were not as easy as he expected. Until Janna agrees to accept his show of Windy strength, he must remain in human form, mostly powerless. Yet without his power as proof, Janna, for some strange reason, seems doubtful of his story. Again balked and infuriated, Astraios won his way onto the Fields of Justice with the help of the Winds and now fights daily in the League of Legends, determined to win Janna's approval--regardless of who he has to defeat to do it.

"Astraios? ...All I will say on the matter is, he is far more than what he may appear to be."
- Anivia the Cryophoenix
Particular Friends: Ashe, Lulu, Tryndamere, Volibear, Xerath
Particular Enemies: Annie, Jayce, Kog'Maw, Malzahar, Rumble
Goes Out Of His Way To Sabotage: Corki, Gragas, Viktor
Frustrated By His Inability To Affect: Galio, Malphite
Intimidated By The Sternness Of: Anivia, Diana
Outright Scared Of: Fiddlesticks
Makes Her Kind Of Wish He Would Just Go Away: Janna

WEEK THREE: STATS

Health: 370 + 70 (Level 1: 440, Level 18: 1630)
Health Regen: 4.5 + 0.55 (Level 1: 5.05, Level 18: 14.4)
Mana: 220 + 60 (Level 1: 280, Level 18: 1300)
Mana Regen: 7.0 + 0.6 (Level 1: 7.6, Level 18: 17.8)
Range: 600
Attack Damage: 48 + 2.4 (Level 1: 50.4, Level 18: 91.2)
Attack Speed: 0.625 + 2.2% (Level 1: 0.639, Level 18: 0.859)
Ability Power: 0 + 0 (Level 1: 0, Level 18: 0)
Armor: 12.5 + 3.7 (Level 1: 16.2, Level 18: 79.1)
Magic Resistance: 30 + 0 (Level 1: 30, Level 18: 30)
Movement Speed: 305

EXTRA: BONUS POINTS

RECOMMENDED ITEMS
Quote:
Summoner's Rift:
Sapphire Crystal
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Rod of Ages
Runaan's Hurricane
Lich Bane
Seraph's Embrace

Twisted Treeline:
Amplifying Tome
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Hextech Sweeper
Malady
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Wooglet's Witchcap

Crystal Scar:
Prospector's Ring
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Hextech Sweeper
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Runaan's Hurricane
Wooglet's Witchcap

HIDDEN PASSIVES
Formidophobia: When an enemy Fiddlesticks is on the field, Astraios will constantly have a debuff called "Formidophobia." When Astraios and an enemy Fiddlesticks both stay in one location within 500 units of one another without moving or acting for 30 seconds, Astraios takes 1 point of damage. The tooltip reads: "Fear of scarecrows. They scare Winds as well as birds."

Ardent Suitor: When an enemy or allied Janna is on the field, Astraios will constantly have a buff called "Ardent Suitor." This buff gives Astraios +1 maximum health. The tooltip reads: "This is your chance to prove yourself!"

QUOTES
All caps indicates the use of the resounding voice of his true form.

Approximate Normal Voice: Onion Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yYpN...feature=relmfu
Approximate ALL CAPS VOICE: Princess Luna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8A9UzeZC14
Loading Screen Music: Gungnir, "Raguel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFL13zirCBo

Quote:
Upon Selection:
"Greetings, summoner. It is time we BLEW THEM AWAY!"

Movement:
*eager* "I will make the perfect storm!"
*irritation* "Corporeal movement is so...inefficient."
*eager* "I shall advance!"
*eager* "For her sake, I shall not fail!"
*disdain* "I suppose."
*haughty* "FORWARD!"
(When moving toward Fiddlesticks within 1000 range) *horror* "You want me to do what?"
(When moving toward Janna within 1000 range) *nervous* "Is she watching?!"

Attacking:
*evil* "THEY WILL FEED THE VORTEX!"
*evil* "I never fight alone..."
*evil* "YOU WILL REGRET STANDING AGAINST ME!"
*irritated* "OUT OF MY WAY!"
*eager* "Behold the only MASTER OF THE VORTEX!"
*eager* "This will surely prove my worthiness!"
(When attacking Ashe, Tryndamere, or Volibear) *eager* "A true test of skill!"
(When attacking Anivia or Diana) *apprehensive* "I don't think she's going to like that..."
(When attacking Fiddlesticks) *berserk* "DIE FOUL SCARECROW, DIE!"
(When attacking Janna) *lovesick* "Will this attract her attention?"

Taunt:
"Nobody will hear you scream as I GOBBLE YOU UP! HAHAHAHA-ha...ha?"

Joke:
"Flying takes faith, trust, and a little bit of...hurricane-speed wind fast enough to blow you out of your socks!"
"Wanna guess what landing takes?"

Contest Requirements
Quote:
The Inside is Bigger than the Outside:
.Notus Summoning, which overlaps with Kaikias Summoning for added damage.
.Kaikias Summoning, which inflicts damage to enemies but decreases the MR of the target in the center, causing them to take the most damage.
.Divine Tempest, which moves targets on the outside but knocks targets in the center into the air.

Relative Dimension:
.The interplay of Notus and Kaikias Summoning, as Astraios has to place Kaikias Summoning on an enemy, who can move away from other enemy targets to prevent the bonus damage from Notus Summoning.
.Iapyx Summoning, which grants Astraios movement speed based on how many enemy champions are in range of him.

Time and Space:
.On the field, all of his spells involve summoning the other winds from various corners of the globe to perform his bidding, and said winds transport along some portion of the climate they are associated with, regardless of time or place: Notus brings with him the desiccating winds of summer, Kaikias the frigid gusts of the far north, and Iapyx the high-speed gales of the upper atmosphere.

ObscureClockwork

11-04-2012

Inside bigger than the outside!

• detection radius smaller than effect radius
  • mixed aoes = stronger effect (that means overlapping aoes give a stronger/different effect)
  • aoe slow (can fit theme by stating stretches space inside location, so its bigger than the outside)
  • center radius = more effect than outer radius
  • passive effect that grants allies smaller effect (you are inside, allies are outside)
  • damage increase the closer you are
@ rest of the contestants, do you feel theme is too restrictive this time?
if it is, ill change it

Prototypetwo

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
Inside bigger than the outside!
  • detection radius smaller than effect radius
  • mixed aoes = stronger effect (that means overlapping aoes give a stronger/different effect)
  • aoe slow (can fit theme by stating stretches space inside location, so its bigger than the outside)
  • center radius = more effect than outer radius
  • passive effect that grants allies smaller effect (you are inside, allies are outside)
  • damage increase the closer you are
@ rest of the contestants, do you feel theme is too restrictive this time?
if it is, ill change it
I'm feeling better now--I was mostly just concerned there wouldn't be enough different affects to have a compelling list of entries. For 3+ abilities fitting this theme, does that effectively mean 3 of these effects?

Anyway, let me know if there's a time you'd like to meet and chat about judging consistency, etc. I'll look forward to seeing the entries around prelim time!

12345612 ... 31