A simple Question!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mockjay1

11-03-2012

Why is it that people don't understand the role of supporting? It isn't that hard.

Supporting is to keep your ADC alive and get him as many kills as possible. You don't need kills. You don't need items that deal damage you are there to help your team take as little damage as possible, to escape or to help your team win the team fight. help them focus the correct person and to help take the damage dealers down as quickly as possible with few or no deaths to your team. So my question is,

Why do people think supporting is such a bad position?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Some of your assumptions are incorrect. Just because you're a support doesn't mean you're not going to build damage-dealing items.

I play support Jarvan and build Frozen Mallet all the time.

Mockjay1

11-03-2012

Well the Majority of your items would be supporting like ageis and shurelyas.

That doesn't answer my question though

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

most people dont wanna play support. most people are playing with fantasies of being the pentakill hero. Pretty hard to do that as support. So they just dont play support. SO people dont see a decent support very much. So they dont know what it is.

KnightxSScarlett

11-03-2012

Because there are too many suicidal carries.

"Why can't I save all these carries?"

Mockjay1

11-03-2012

Yeah I understand that. but Penta kills only happen if you have a good team.. if you have a bad support you are more likely to lose the game. then if you have a bad ADC.. everyone is like adc is amazing. but you can carry a team from a bad adc.. you can carry if you have a horrible support

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockjay1 View Post
Yeah I understand that. but Penta kills only happen if you have a good team.. if you have a bad support you are more likely to lose the game. then if you have a bad ADC.. everyone is like adc is amazing. but you can carry a team from a bad adc.. you can carry if you have a horrible support
well they have the fantasy. doesnt mean they succeed. most people imagine their team is useless and they must do everything alone. And the more they fail to pentakill, the more they flame.

KnightxSScarlett

11-04-2012

You cannot carry with a bad support. You will lose bot lane every time if your support is useless and their team is somewhat competent.

Symbiosis

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
most people dont wanna play support. most people are playing with fantasies of being the pentakill hero. Pretty hard to do that as support. So they just dont play support. SO people dont see a decent support very much. So they dont know what it is.
Precisely what this guy says. More often that not you'll have rockstars for adc whinging and ponting fingers at everyone but themselves. ADC dies? Noob support. Lane lost? Jungler no gank. Support accidentally takes the kill/kills after adc dies? Omg ks.

And then there's the rest of the team complaining about the support not warding. truth be told, yes, the support has to ward, but he/she can't do all of it. more often than not Im running triple gp5 20-30 minutes into the game w/o core items and going to b everytime I planted down the wards in my inventory (5 per trip is my rule).

Ooh, did I mention as much as one can beat down the enemy in lane, they can't carry without proper map vision? Yes sir, the carrying begins with the support, you're the follow-up and finisher of the game.

What them reluctant supports/rockstars/mid and top hoes don't realise that it's pretty much easy from a non-support standpoint, but you're in charge of your ADC, co-ordinating with your jungler while the ADC keeps on csing for a gank, allowing your team to be a step ahead in teamfights with superior map vision. Basically, you'll be holding the hopes and lives of the whole team in your role, whether they like it or not.

So how easy is it being a support? Let's see.....you're probably the 2nd most abused member of the team (behind the jungler....ALWAYYYSSS the jungler. <Give this guy a break too.), least appreciated and mostly ignored in conversations (I'm a fed mid/top/adc so i call the shots hurr). At the end of the day, in easy wins you won't notice it, but when the game gets tight, the support will be the ultimate key to victory. And the best thing about it? You go quietly out of the game, without acknowledgement, yet knowing you finally and most definitely played a part in that decisive teamfight, that it dawns on the team (they almost never reveal it) that your worthless piece of sh!t babysitter of ADC in bot lane is actually the architect of the destruction of the enemy nexus.

TL;DR: Supports make all the difference in the tight games, is the hardest role (not kidding. You're risking yourself being exposed when warding up post-lane), gets poo-pooed on by everyone else on the team and assumes it's just used as an in lane babysitter.

Also, whoever hates supporting because it's low elo/can't carry from support: GTFO :3.

iamshanka

11-05-2012

The role of support revolves primarily around the adc. In general, ADCs are all late game champs and in team fights, every single adc is capable of getting a pentakill end game. But the end game solely depends on how much your adc has farmed and if possible get kills. Essentially its all about gold for the adc. The support's role is to make sure this happens and to make sure your adc gets ahead of the enemy's adc. Heals, slows, disrupts, silences help this.
All players want to be in the lime light with scores of high kills. It takes great modesty for someone to main support who can say and be contented if the adc goes on ownage. Not lot of people understand this. So they dont appreciate the supports that much.
I main support. Depending on the adc, i can play both aggresive / passive supports.
Another important aspect of a support is map awareness. A support is the one who needs to have most map awareness than any other player on the team. With CV and warding, you can help any lane.
I have my bad days too. But at the end of the game, if i have assists greater than 15, in general my team wins. My best score is 2-2-43 with janna.