rumble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

11-05-2012

I'd say build him up as an AP bruiser sort of dude. His flamespitter and ult do soooo much damage even without items so you can usually focus on sustain and HP/tankiness. As mentioned, Revolver, Rylai's, WotA, Zhonya's, Abyssal are all solid choices.

Jesot

11-05-2012

Any tips on using his ult on smart cast?

Notorious P I P

11-05-2012

I tried it on smart cast but it doesnt seem to work as easily. Just turn off smart cast before the match or do like i sugguested earlier and use use viktor to practice the mechanic in a custom or something.

Notorious P I P

11-05-2012

And i mean turn off the smartcast for the R. It works well on his harpoon

Jaxller

11-06-2012

i finally got the hang of rumble and how to cast his ult. THANKS!

Etherimp

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Crann View Post
Rumble is a tricky character to play, but he's also tricky to predict. You have to play aggressively to get the most out of him - sometimes making outright insane moves that you wouldn't normally make. The point is to play head games with your opponents.

Generally, I take points in flamespitter and the harpoon and ignore his W until after 6. Because you'll be facing a majority of melee-ranged opponents, make use of the harpoon to push them back from the creep line, and use your AAs and Q to kill creeps (or pile on damage if they're stubborn.) Harpoon can also be used in chase and escape situations -- and it fires twice -- keep this in mind if the enemy jungler comes at you.

Start with boots and 3. The mobility of boots are essential to any Rumble, but bullying people becomes a lot easier with it, especially since you won't invest in your W early. Go for a revolver early, and then start building whatever makes you more comfortable - I like Rylai's for the HP and added slow that magically becomes an AoE slow with your Q.

Watch your enemy, learn how they move, and then you can start using the harpoon aggressively. It becomes a surprisingly potent damage ability when you get it down.

Don't be afraid to tease the enemy in chat a little, as Rumble would do. People play less effectively when they're frustrated. If you push your counterpart out of lane, rub his nose in it. If you evade a jungle gank, brag. Don't be rude about it, but be sly. You're not in this to make friends of your enemies.

Again, the key to winning a lane with Rumble is to play the game as if you were in his mindset. He has an annoying, obnoxious voice and an ego for a reason. You have to play like you're the one to beat. Lay down the law early and reinforce it often. Bully your lane opponent. And use wards to make sure he doesn't bring his friends -- nothing's worse for a bully than being forced to run away bloody and bruised.

Yeah, way to encourage people to be unsportsmanlike.

You aren't in this game to make friends of your enemies but people who go out of their way to intentionally agitate people usually don't have friends at all, so they could probably use some.

상자상자상자

11-07-2012

Generally, the way i play rumble is just go extremely aggressive at level 3, depending on who it is(If it's someone like Lee Sin, don't do it). Land your E's then W-> Q in the danger zone. You'll probably end up even in the trade if it's a normal auto attacker top lane like Irelia. Then when you hit 6, ask for a gank and hit your ult into some jungler CC.