Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

rumble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaxller

11-03-2012

I'm having an extremely hard time playing him. To me, it seems hes not tanky enough to go top. whenever i play him, the other player top just harasses me to death, or just blocks me from getting any CC. i'd love some advice, i've been told he's a great top it's just i don't get him.

Also i don't know how his ult works as far as how to land it right. i click somewhere and it doesn't shoot in the right direction.

Edit: also the only tanky AP i know how to play are singed and cho gath.

Jaxller

11-03-2012

bump

Lord Ryushishin

11-04-2012

How are you building him? That is the first question.

Secondly, his Ulti is Click+Drag.

Put your cursor over the spot you want the linear AoE to start and hold down R. Then move the mouse around until the skillshot line is right. This is probably the hardest part to playing Rumble. I still am a bit sloppy with it sometimes myself.

Notorious P I P

11-04-2012

I have a great deal of success with rumble, he is one of the biggest lane bullies top. The key to rumble is being able to bully. I start boots pots and then rush revolver for sustain. Once you get revolver you are a lot beefier than it seems. After revolver go crystal scepter for the hp and slow.

The key to rumbles dmg is the danger zone. If you can hover around 55 heat it keeps you there and allows you to execute a full combo without overheating. This brings me to my next point. Overheat is a very useful tool when used correctly. The bonus dmg to his autoattacks is substantial. Use that when you need to burst down the lastbit of someones health and cant wait for a cooldown to use another ability.

I would recommend purchasing viktor and practicing with him for a bit to get use to rumbles ult. His q uses the same mechanic and it has a mich shorter cd so you can practice more often during the course of a game. Using rumbles ult properly can turn a sure loss of a teamfight into a crushing win.

Im not pro by any stretch of the imagination but i have a lot of success with rumble top in ranked. I have even won a game jungling with him once (long story involving top or feed troll picking last). If you have any questions feel free to ask i will answer them to the best of my ability.

Jaxller

11-04-2012

i kinda rush ROA and then DCfrom there on i get ryles and WOTA.+

Lord Ryushishin

11-04-2012

Quote:
Jaxller:
i kinda rush ROA and then DCfrom there on i get ryles and WOTA.+

Rod of Ages? Really? The Mana component get's wasted so hard. You are better off rushing the Rylai's. A maxed out Rod of Ages does give 130 more Health, but it isn't really worth the 70 gold savings of a Rylai's which has much more Synergy. It keeps your enemies in your Flamespitter allowing you to more easily melt their HP away.

And I wouldn't really work on a Deathcap until much later in the game. Only after you get the core Boots, Rylai's and Revolver/WotA would I even consider it. Even then I would focus on maybe throwing in more beefiness. Like a Randium's Omen works well on him. He already does decent damage on his own so there really isn't much use in rushing the Deathcap.

In short, Rumble pretty much is an AP Bruiser so think of playing him like one, but substitute the AD Bruiser items for AP equivalents.

Jaxller

11-04-2012

any advice on how to play him aside from the build?

Crazy Crann

11-04-2012

Rumble is a tricky character to play, but he's also tricky to predict. You have to play aggressively to get the most out of him - sometimes making outright insane moves that you wouldn't normally make. The point is to play head games with your opponents.

Generally, I take points in flamespitter and the harpoon and ignore his W until after 6. Because you'll be facing a majority of melee-ranged opponents, make use of the harpoon to push them back from the creep line, and use your AAs and Q to kill creeps (or pile on damage if they're stubborn.) Harpoon can also be used in chase and escape situations -- and it fires twice -- keep this in mind if the enemy jungler comes at you.

Start with boots and 3. The mobility of boots are essential to any Rumble, but bullying people becomes a lot easier with it, especially since you won't invest in your W early. Go for a revolver early, and then start building whatever makes you more comfortable - I like Rylai's for the HP and added slow that magically becomes an AoE slow with your Q.

Watch your enemy, learn how they move, and then you can start using the harpoon aggressively. It becomes a surprisingly potent damage ability when you get it down.

Don't be afraid to tease the enemy in chat a little, as Rumble would do. People play less effectively when they're frustrated. If you push your counterpart out of lane, rub his nose in it. If you evade a jungle gank, brag. Don't be rude about it, but be sly. You're not in this to make friends of your enemies.

Again, the key to winning a lane with Rumble is to play the game as if you were in his mindset. He has an annoying, obnoxious voice and an ego for a reason. You have to play like you're the one to beat. Lay down the law early and reinforce it often. Bully your lane opponent. And use wards to make sure he doesn't bring his friends -- nothing's worse for a bully than being forced to run away bloody and bruised.

Notorious P I P

11-05-2012

Dont ever buy ROA. Its just a wast of your gold. Crystal scepter and revolver are your core items. You need the slow to keep em cookin in your spitter.

As for skipping w... Dont. Get one rank of it at 4 then finish it last. The shield and speed boost will help you secure kills.

Notorious P I P

11-05-2012

Bully, bully and bully some more. Landing both of your Es is key. It takes a good chunk out of their health and slows them for your spitter.

Once you get your ult there is a variety of ways to use it. If you are getting ganked you can drop in a path back to your turret and follow it as it will dmg and slow the attackers. You can use it the opposite way too. Hit with both Es and drop it along their escape path and spitter them. If they are getting away hit W and go into overheat and bash them to death with the bonus dmg.

Teamfights you want to line your ult to do the most dmg possible. Thats how i use it. Ill occasionally use it to split the team in half or zone out a big dmg dealer. Learn the moves amd be creative.