Cho'gath: how good is he?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaelzoroden

11-03-2012

I've poked around with him a little bit, and was considering trying to focus and get good at him. I don't want to play him as a jungler though, I already have enough characters that I jungle with.

Is Cho'gath good as a solo top? I just don't know how he measures up to other, newer champs, and I figured I'd try to size things up before spending time getting good with him over someone else.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Cho'gath is fine top or mid.

I Love Slurpees

11-03-2012

Play him as an ad bruiser if you go top. He's like the only champ you can build atma's impaler on with no health items... IT'S BRILLIANT!

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

hes good as a sustain sort of top. Can generally just shrug of all poke from most pokey tops. Sortof gets dominated by a kayle top, however
he can definitely lane perfectly fine vs the popular tops. just focus on sustain items like say philostone

Friesguy

11-03-2012

... Tanky AP is probably where I've seen the best Cho's go. He has amazing sustain and CC, as well as team fight presence late game. His early game is tough up top if you're against good duelists, but if you can outlast their stores of mana, you can start your snowball on CS alone.

EDIT: And yes, he's a good solo top.

I Love Slurpees

11-03-2012

Anyone that downvotes my ad bruiser cho'gath has clearly never played it. But eh ignorance is bliss i guess

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

ad cho is only slightly inferior to ad leblanc
atmas is a questionable item even on champs that are naturally ad (have abilities that scale with ad).
A ridiculous item on cho. even if you build full ad as cho your main damage in a teamfight is still going to be magic/true damage.

anyway attack speed is not bad on cho, synergizes with his e at least. I like to use attack speed marks for cho

Kaelzoroden

11-03-2012

Thanks for all the feedback! Glad to see that he's viable, time to start practicing. I've got friends who use battlecast skins, I really wouldn't mind getting good enough to merit buying Battlecast Prime Cho'gath.

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Yeah I'd say tanky ap Cho fairs quite well, I mean even if the lane isn't going too too well, then at the very least, you can turn it into a farming lane because of cho's great sustain

Symbiosis

11-04-2012

Viable? He's a secretly OP champ imo. I see all the Darius and rengar bans and I go...." No ban cho? Nom time!"

Cho's main advantage is his signature R: Feast. That, like Darius and Karthus is the biggest intimidation factor when facing him. More often that not he won't engage you, since he doesn't want to....

That is until he reaches 6 stacks. The size factor gets a jump on people sometimes when laning phase is over. Facecheck? "OMG THERE'S A FKN BIG CHO RUNRUNRUNNNN". No, really, unlike Darius he doesn't need to get fed to be scary, and instead of blaming junglers and supports, enemies would be left cursing on minions. "Minions, y u feed cho? "

Not to mention he's very flexible on builds. He could be extremely tanky and still dish out damage. I build him usually with Boots 3 (nooby I know), RoA, FH, Raduins, Abyssal and GA should a game be close and competitive.