Warwick Why Does He Exist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kOokOoRazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
Since the enemy player is able to see when WW is near THANKS to that icon they get when WW has his blood scent active, WW was sent to the gutter...
Just cause you can see him coming doesn't mean you can run away from him. Heck, you're able to see Evelynn before she gets into melee range to kill you but you can't outrun her due to her MS buff.

Windless Bear

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraxe View Post
Skarity is a troll, but currently WW is weak, heck WW wasn't strong when GD was crying for nerfs on him. So they nerfed an already weak champ and guess what, he is even weaker now.

I have over 1500 games play on WW. He is my main, and my favorite champ. He is bad. He has never been played in an MLG or an IPL or in any other major tournament.

It is quite remarkable that a champ that has been around since the beginning has never been played at that level.
I want you to know that I understand you. Galio is in the same situation. I guess eventually people will listen to us, but probably not.

Xivilai Anaxes

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Rivera View Post
Jax can bring warwick to half health before he can so much as damage him?

Jax scales immensely with items and can itemize far more damage without losing tankiness then warwick can afford too?

Jax has a two second auto-attack reset 180 damage steroid that happens to deal magic damage?

Jax's passive ends up out scaling warwick's W?

The list goes on. Jax can also save dodge and literally negate warwick's ultimate.
Jax gets WW to half health before he does anything? Tell me, what do you think WW builds?

Alacor

11-03-2012

My win rate with WW... hue...

Xivilai Anaxes

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
Since the enemy player is able to see when WW is near THANKS to that icon they get when WW has his blood scent active, WW was sent to the gutter...
You can toggle that off you know...

bob000

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Rivera View Post
Jax can bring warwick to half health before he can so much as damage him?

Jax scales immensely with items and can itemize far more damage without losing tankiness then warwick can afford too?

Jax has a two second auto-attack reset 180 damage steroid that happens to deal magic damage?

Jax's passive ends up out scaling warwick's W?

The list goes on. Jax can also save dodge and literally negate warwick's ultimate.
WW can build tanky and still have enough damage to kill Jax. People above 1200 don't rush Bloodrazor on him.

Xivilai Anaxes

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob000 View Post
WW can build tanky and still have enough damage to kill Jax. People above 1200 don't rush Bloodrazor on him.
Someone understands.

Tuesti7c

11-03-2012

My best warwick game was 23 3 17 at around 1400 elo. Please continue thinking he is bad for some reason

kOokOoRazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacor View Post
My win rate with WW... hue...
Check out mine (I am lower ELO and have less games played though .__.)

Zelos

Friend of Urf

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkelion View Post
I think the most important answer to this post is: why does he need to have a niche in the meta to exist?

I imagine that when Warwick was released there either wasn't a formal meta or it was a different meta.
IN THE BEGINNING...
Warwick was the most effective jungle champion by far. Most games at a "high level" were Warwick vrs Warwick. Eventually, Udyr came out and he was generally though to be worse than Warwick, until people discovered the immense power of Innervating Locket Udyr, one of the greatest terrors this game has known. After that there was somewhat of a rush of new jungle options and people experimenting with champions that weren't really thought of as junglers, such as rammus and Evelynn, and warwick became "babbies first jungler". He was still viable, but didn't have the early ganking power many new junglers had that allowed them to dominate games.

Fast forward to the jungle remake, the move that singlehandedly dropped jungle warwick into oblivion. Any jungle that didn't do AoE damage was now pathetically slow, and warwick's lack of ganks pre-6 simply did not fly with being as slow as he was. Sustain was no longer a serious issue, allowing many power-junglers to start with boots or a doran's blade instead of the standard cloth+5 pots. Warwick's main advantage, his complete safety in the jungle, was now much more widely spread.

TL;DR
Warwick used to be the only jungle. Now there are more junglers and the jungle is different. Warwick was not updated to reflect this.