Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Warwick — Why Does He Exist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skariy

11-03-2012

Quote:
Xivilai Anaxes:
WW isn't good outside of early game? What ****ty full ****** builds are you giving him? Also, fairly sure endgame WW steps on Jax 1 v 1.

Why do you assume that this is an issue with me? I don't even own Warwick

Xivilai Anaxes

11-03-2012

Quote:
Skariy:
Why do you assume that this is an issue with me? I don't even own Warwick

Well, when you make a threat about a champion, one naturally assumes that that is an issue for you, rather than the apparent making threads for attention.

Bullettime7

11-03-2012

Quote:
FinalBossWarwick:
He's a lifesteal tank. He ults a carry when they're out of possition then beats on them when it's over. The problem is:
Power creep has made him outdamaged, since he doesn't scale, and outtanked, since everyone has free stats/ better base stats/ some sort of damage-negation (Jax E)
Mobility creep has made him useless since the only thing he has is his ult and a situational ms-boost while everyone has a blink/dash/ms increase

He's not bad by any means, but he is outclassed.

Exactly. Older junglers like Udyr who depended primarily on movement speed to stay on a target are becoming very weak in the present game. There's so many stuns, slows, leaps, blinks, etc that people can use now that it makes it ridiculously hard for them to stay on their target and just get kited, being forced to flee. This is very painful in the early game where they rely on their ganking power to set up an early advantage but find it near impossible to stick to targets, especially the newer ones.

The S3 jungle will make junglers like Warwick a bit more valuable due to overall jungle sustain but it still doesn't help their ganking power at all. Warwick without an ult has very little ability to stick to his target.

As for the comment about 1v1ing Jax, sure. Warwick is a strong 1v1 duelist. However, how often do you find yourself in an extensive 1v1 fight? Jax also has the ability to disengage the fight with his stun and Leap Strike. Jax shouldn't die 1v1 to a Warwick since he shouldn't be fighting Warwick in a 1v1. You abuse his kitability and lack of on target sustain.

Windless Bear

11-03-2012

I think the most important answer to this post is: why does he need to have a niche in the meta to exist?

I imagine that when Warwick was released there either wasn't a formal meta or it was a different meta.

Samenko

11-03-2012

Quote:
Bullettime7:
He's like Udyr where while being safe junglers, mobility and CC creep has basically killed them. Even with his Blood Scent active, there's so many speed boosts, gap closers, gap openers, slows, stuns, etc in the game anymore. It really hurts some of the older champions like Udyr and Warwick who were designed when the game had far less of these effects.

M5 carried a game at worlds with Udyr... he still works quite well.

Skariy

11-03-2012

Quote:
Xivilai Anaxes:
Well, when you make a threat about a champion, one naturally assumes that that is an issue for you, rather than the apparent making threads for attention.

That's a very narrow outlook

I care about the balance of the game, as a whole. Ideally, all 100+ heroes would be balanced, but that's not the case. When I see someone like Warwick that fits so outside of the current game, I see that as a problem, especially considering that he used to be pretty good a long time ago

BestGnarRivenNA

11-03-2012

Quote:
Xivilai Anaxes:
Please tell me how Jax beats someone who has ridiculous 1 v 1 potential without building damage items?

Jax can bring warwick to half health before he can so much as damage him?

Jax scales immensely with items and can itemize far more damage without losing tankiness then warwick can afford too?

Jax has a two second auto-attack reset 180 damage steroid that happens to deal magic damage?

Jax's passive ends up out scaling warwick's W?

The list goes on. Jax can also save dodge and literally negate warwick's ultimate.

kOokOoRazi

Recruiter

11-03-2012

Warwick's early game is his worst stage in the game; his Q costs a third of his mana pool. He gets stronger at lvl 6 with his ult and he gets pretty scary mid game with the amount of pressure he can put on an AD carry in team fights with his ult and Frozen Heart. His Blood Scent gives him a free ghost and he should be able to have it up in every single fight just with his Q+ult+Ignite. If you get ganked, you escape by lowering either the jungler's hp or the laner's hp to 50% for Blood Scent to activate. He also has very few unfavorable matchups. Sure he loses to most champions pre-6 but once he's lvl 6 and can afford items, he stomps on most. He's one of those champions that can completely counter whoever he's laning against by building items since his items build is so flexible (like Shen and Irelia).

Teraxe

11-03-2012

Skarity is a troll, but currently WW is weak, heck WW wasn't strong when GD was crying for nerfs on him. So they nerfed an already weak champ and guess what, he is even weaker now.

I have over 1500 games played on WW. He is my main, and my favorite champ. He is bad. He has never been played in an MLG or an IPL or in any other major tournament.

It is quite remarkable that a champ that has been around since the beginning has never been played at that level.

Torinux

11-03-2012

Since the enemy player is able to see when WW is near THANKS to that icon they get when WW has his blood scent active, WW was sent to the gutter...