Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Warwick — Why Does He Exist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skariy

11-03-2012

All he can do is 1v1, and suppress a single target. Jax is better at 1v1, and has an area of effect stun. Jax is also useful late game, whereas Warwick isn't good at anything besides early game. Even his early game isn't that great, he's simply outclassed by newer heroes in the jungle, and he has some favorable lane match ups, but in either case he has low kill potential, and doesn't have a good escape. I remember when I first started playing League of Legends a long time ago, Warwick was one of the "power three" I had in my head as the most grossly imbalanced, and scary heroes. These three were Warick, Tryndamere, and Master Yi, and since we were stuck in normals before level 30, it was common to see two of each of these per game. We all know Tryndamere and Master Yi are terrible though, I figured that out even while I was still getting to account level 30. Warwick seems a little better than them still, but he's still just outclassed in every way by newer heroes

So what's the point of Warwick even existing anymore?

Bullettime7

11-03-2012

Warwick is another candidate for a champion rework.

Insípid

11-03-2012

Quote:
Bullettime7:
Warwick is another candidate for a champion rework.

since when? id say hes in a decent spot, id reccommend his Q be AoE, tahts about it.

Bullettime7

11-03-2012

Quote:
Insípid:
since when? id say hes in a decent spot, id reccommend his Q be AoE, tahts about it.

He's like Udyr where while being safe junglers, mobility and CC creep has basically killed them. Even with his Blood Scent active, there's so many speed boosts, gap closers, gap openers, slows, stuns, etc in the game anymore. It really hurts some of the older champions like Udyr and Warwick who were designed when the game had far less of these effects.

Malgana

11-03-2012

You could ask the same thing about many of the old champs.
Ashe? out-shined by the new ADC champs who all have built in gap closers and steroids.
Udyr? yeah, gap closers.
Heimer?...don't even get people started on Heimer.

That's not to say ALL old champs suck now, Annie, Corki, Nunu...a lot of them are still very good and played often. Some just need a little something to bring them into the next Era of LoL, but whether or not Riot plans to do that remains to be seen.

Xivilai Anaxes

11-03-2012

WW isn't good outside of early game? What ****ty full ****** builds are you giving him? Also, fairly sure endgame WW steps on Jax 1 v 1.

TheFail

11-03-2012

Quote:
Xivilai Anaxes:
Also, fairly sure endgame WW steps on Jax 1 v 1.

hheheheheheh

SmugUniverse

11-03-2012

He's a lifesteal tank. He ults a carry when they're out of possition then beats on them when it's over. The problem is:
Power creep has made him outdamaged, since he doesn't scale, and outtanked, since everyone has free stats/ better base stats/ some sort of damage-negation (Jax E)
Mobility creep has made him useless since the only thing he has is his ult and a situational ms-boost while everyone has a blink/dash/ms increase

He's not bad by any means, but he is outclassed.

EDIT: And they will probably fix this in S3 item/top lane rework, so I'd say let him be and just wait.

Bob is Fob

11-03-2012

ummm, you know nothing about ww.

Xivilai Anaxes

11-03-2012

Quote:
TheFail:
hheheheheheh

Please tell me how Jax beats someone who has ridiculous 1 v 1 potential without building damage items?