Hey Riot, please, PLEASE fix the fps drops

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnCuddlyNINJA

11-09-2012

i get them too. please help us riot

Kcub07

11-09-2012

They won't respond. I've been bumping and bumping, trying to keep it at the top of the list.

We've been forgotten, they're already working on their next champion, I'm sure.

Kcub07

11-12-2012

Well, that's it then huh? I guess I had a good time, thanks for the fun moments. Hope you eventually get this sorted out, for the people that have the patience to keep on checking the threads just in case. Kinda sucks, hadn't really had 'quitting lol' on the agenda anytime soon, guess things just end up on your plate sometimes.

Good luck Riot, I hope someday you focus a bit more on functionality than pumping out new champions. (and I mean that with the utmost sincerity, not just trying to be a *****)

Journeyboy

11-12-2012

I've had frame drops too! I use to play at 96 frames and now I'm down to 92! Taric's gems don't look as outrageous when I run into combat now!

Kcub07

11-23-2012

Still nothiin on this? Good thing halo 4 has dropped. Funny thing, you post about problems on the halo forums and they actually are responded to. And that's not even game breaking ones... lol @ console support being better than a PC game.

zekling

11-23-2012

I play Noc which causes a few of my friends to have FPS drops when I get near them :P Guess I'm lucky that my computer is awesome and doesn't get FPS drops?

Anyways, it's always good practice to first see if you can do something about the issue yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyFork View Post
Turn your shadow effects off. Update your video drivers. Upgrade your pc. Downgrade the game video settings overall.

This is your priority checklist to make sure you cant fix your own problem.
This is a perfect example. If all else fails and you can't seem to fix that damn annoying FPS drop, then you let riot know... nicely. I know things like this are frustrating but raging on forums isn't going to get things fixed quicker.

I'm sure riot cares about this and is trying to fix it. I'm sure they haven't given many updates on the matter because it'd look along the lines of "Day1 - We'll look into it. Day3- Still working on it. Day6- No breakthroughs yet. etc". When they have something concrete, they'll tell us.

So be as patient as possible and continue to bump threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcub07 View Post
They won't respond. I've been bumping and bumping, trying to keep it at the top of the list.

We've been forgotten, they're already working on their next champion, I'm sure.
Working on the next champion and fixing issues like this probably aren't done by the same person.

Kcub07

11-23-2012

Okay, I understand it would be in my best interest to see if it's something on my end... it's just that, it isn't. The game settings are already as low as they can go, when I could run the game on medium settings before the update.

The frustrating thing is it's not even as though they're simply progressing past my pc's limits, because the game looks/functions the same as it did before. I can run Skyrim on my pc, but not LoL? I don't think it has anything to do with my pc. Starcraft 2? Or if the concept of being connected to others whilst playing would have anything to do with it, then why doesn't WoW perform this bad?

And while I agree with your example of regular updates, I'm simply asking for even a day 1 confirmation. Something to let us know that they ARE working on it.

Scoutacus

11-23-2012

You're acting like a child who has to share his toy, the fact of the matter is there are a ton of other issues they have to address.

You bumping a dead thread repeatedly with your rage isn't going to solve anything, and on TOP of that there are other threads to be seen with much more pertinent issues, such as the AirClient not even launching (which is a much bigger issue than what you're angry about).

You're pushing down more important threads.
You're raging over something they've posted fixes for countless times, albeit everyone has problems with it every now and again.
There are just so many more important things to adress, just quit League for a while and go to another like you're talking about higher up in this "waste of thread space".

I'm not being short about this, btw, it's just kind of obvious that you're losing your temper over something that shouldn't bother you if you have sooo many other games too go to.

Kcub07

11-23-2012

How could an issue out of game be worse than an issue which renders the game unplayable?

And yes, it's frustrating to have to pretty much quit lol (a game I loved) because they released an update which changed nothing graphically but runs on my PC about like Crysis 3 probably would when it launches.

Kcub07

11-25-2012

Here's the kicker, my pc can run dota 2, which is a more advanced game - both graphically and mechanically.

Come on Riot, surely these other 'issues' can't be as bad as one that completely renders the game unplayable?