Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you build Jayce and Hecarim?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cool Stuffz

11-03-2012

So since they threw Jayce on sale I decided to pick him up, and I also decided I really want to pick up Hecarim, so how does one go about building/playing these two champions?

Cool Stuffz

11-03-2012

Anyone?

Nomissire

11-03-2012

Jayce can be either builded has a glass canon, to be better in canon stance of course, or bruiser dps, to capitalize on his hammer stance. I don't play him myself, but that's what I've heard about him.

For Hecarim, you can build him all around mouvement speed and tankiness, with items such has tri force or PD for the ms ( in addition to boots, of course) and frozen mallet + FoN for the tankiness (and being able to catch anyone or escape from a bad situation.

Hope it will help, and it's only my though, some people might have more accurate info about these two.

Cool Stuffz

11-03-2012

I was looking for actual item recommendations, but that's at least helpful!

Anybody else?

Cool Stuffz

11-03-2012

Bump for more answers.

Cool Stuffz

11-03-2012

alpha quail

11-03-2012

Hec goes trinity tank. Besides trinity he usually doesn't need much damage, though you can get a maw depending on the enemy team. PD is decent but a LW actually does better before it if you have a trinity. I wouldn't recommend massive deeps horse, but if you have to hyper carry you can get trinity, maw, LW, and PD for hilarity.

Good tank items are the usuals. FH/Randuins/FoN/aegis/etc.

Please don't get a warmogs.

Workable mid game items are spirit visage and wriggles. Hec doesn't need wriggles for jungling due to having 2 AoE clears, but it helps him conserve mana and if you're not used to non wriggles junglers it works more than fine. Spirit visage is a depending item, if you're doing well and want to teamfight early you can just press W in the middle of their team and soak damage like a god. Be sure to sell it for a FoN later though.

Decide build order based on how your team is doing. If you have a tank top get an early sheen -> trinity with either randuins or warden mail (throw in a neg cloak if you need it too) depending how much you need the extra TF damage.

If you have a bruiser/high damage top make sure you have randuins and a bit more defenses before getting TF. You should have something like rands + neg/FoN/visage + aegis and a sheen before building TF.

Horse is a great oracles holder so if you're feeling safe pick one up early to snowball the game. Try not to be too early about it against strong counterjunglers like lee/shyvana though, They'll be doing what they can to shut you down, you can't risk putting yourself behind another 400g if you get dropped, and if most strong counterjunglers catch you out you'll probably die.

Cool Stuffz

11-03-2012

Quote:
alpha quail:
Hec goes trinity tank. Besides trinity he usually doesn't need much damage, though you can get a maw depending on the enemy team. PD is decent but a LW actually does better before it if you have a trinity. I wouldn't recommend massive deeps horse, but if you have to hyper carry you can get trinity, maw, LW, and PD for hilarity.

Good tank items are the usuals. FH/Randuins/FoN/aegis/etc.

Please don't get a warmogs.

Workable mid game items are spirit visage and wriggles. Hec doesn't need wriggles for jungling due to having 2 AoE clears, but it helps him conserve mana and if you're not used to non wriggles junglers it works more than fine. Spirit visage is a depending item, if you're doing well and want to teamfight early you can just press W in the middle of their team and soak damage like a god. Be sure to sell it for a FoN later though.

Decide build order based on how your team is doing. If you have a tank top get an early sheen -> trinity with either randuins or warden mail (throw in a neg cloak if you need it too) depending how much you need the extra TF damage.

If you have a bruiser/high damage top make sure you have randuins and a bit more defenses before getting TF. You should have something like rands + neg/FoN/visage + aegis and a sheen before building TF.

Horse is a great oracles holder so if you're feeling safe pick one up early to snowball the game. Try not to be too early about it against strong counterjunglers like lee/shyvana though, They'll be doing what they can to shut you down, you can't risk putting yourself behind another 400g if you get dropped, and if most strong counterjunglers catch you out you'll probably die.

Awesome info, thanks.

PlatipusKing

11-03-2012

You go fast

RavenMagus

11-03-2012

Get a Philo and HoG on Hecarim. As stated he doesn't need the Wriggles, and Philo will help his mana sustain too letting him clear faster. They also both build into great items for Hecarim (Shurelya's and Randuin's). Other than that, yeah, just go Triforce Tank; his bonus damage from movespeed is cool but it's not really worth building towards beyond things like movespeed quints (which are good on any jungler).