Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Wukong and Talon a good champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wabababa

11-03-2012

I want to get wukong or talon, but just to make sure, are they good?

Supafly GLHF

Recruiter

11-03-2012

So I thought Wu Kong looked cool when I first started playing and was new to the game, so I got him and found out he wasn't as easy as Ashe, Garen, Teemo, etc. I almost wanted a refund for him (before refunds) as he sat in my champ select and was never used. After getting more experienced with the game and seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oRnLe98r8Bg

I picked him back up and started to really concentrate on how he played
I now believe Wu is in my Top 10 of go-to champs when I play

So honestly, try champs during their free weeks so you never really get buyer's remorse on getting a champ you don't want to play.

As for Talon I can't comment, I've played him during a free week and enjoyed him but not enough to spend IP or RP on him when not on sale.

ZeroSh0ck

11-03-2012

When you say "good", do you mean meta-wise or play-wise?

I've found when playing League that there aren't really "good" and "bad" champions.
There are champions that are harder to use than others or ones that don't fit the meta and are therefore considered bad, but each champion in and of itself isn't necessarily bad.

I would follow Terrorflop's advice and just give them a try during freeweek. I've played Wukong before and he's pretty interesting to play because of his kit.

Magus Crow

11-03-2012

Didnt one of the pro players pick Wu (Elementz I think) as their favorite? Might want to watch that little blurb to see if it sparks your interest any more. Still I'd wait for a free week before jumping into a purchase.

Talon... never been a real fan. I think he's free this week though. Give him a play or two and see what you think.

Joe10112

11-03-2012

I bought Wukong, and is really great. The jukes are great, his E + Q harass is nice, his ult in teamfight really helps, and is overall really fun. In terms of fun, REALLY fun champion to play, and if you play him well, you can dominate the game easily.

SomeCallMeEd

11-03-2012

Dunno about Wu Kong but friend of mine swares by talon.

He's powerful early and mid game but as the match goes on he becomes a little less effective in turn. He works well with champs with CC due to his passive.

Usually I tag team with him as Renekton or Alistar to great effect. Even shutting down some of the more powerful champs that are "better choices" (IE Darius, Jax, Teemo, etc). Talon is an awesome choice and I'd strongly urge you to try him while he's free this week!