Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Season

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

78Sunaria

11-03-2012

I apologize in advance since someone has probably already asked this however I was unable to find it. Will there be new runes with the new season? Either stronger runes like a new tier or just new runes in general.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-03-2012

I'm trying to think if they added new runes after Season 1? They did some buffs and nerfs and I'm pretty sure that's when added in the Armor/Magic pen runes and removed Dodge. Can I speak for Riot and say yes or no on the matter, No. I can say there has been no recent notices, posts, or updates about this though. If they feel something needs to be changed they will (usually without letting anyone know untill right before a patch).

I'm confident they won't be adding in any new tiers though. I don't ever see them adding tier 4 runes...

78Sunaria

11-03-2012

Thank you for the information. I am currently trying to finish farming my runes for complete pages for what champs I play and i didn't really want to waste my time farming if such a thing was likely to occur.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-03-2012

The last time they added runes wasn't as a seasonal event; they added Lifesteal, Spell Vamp, % health, and hybrid penetration runes. That was roughly a year and a half ago iirc, and in the middle of a season.

They're already doing some moderate-heavy reworks with the jungle and items, so I wouldn't expect anything major on runes. (Possibly some small buffs/nerfs based on how they change itemization paths, but the runes should still fulfill the same niches they do now.)

Fs Son0fSilas

11-03-2012

If you are having trouble filling pages look for limited edition runes. They've done them in the past (honestly shocked I didn't see halloween ones this year), they are tier 2 runes with stats (nearly) equivalent to tier 3. They are also much cheaper then the tier 3 runes. They may add them this year around Christmas, they may not.

For instance I have tier 2 Quints that give +24 Flat HP (2 less than normal tier 3s) each. They also have little Jack-o-Lanterns filled with candy on them. I got them last year around this same time, and haven't needed to spend the 6000 some odd IP to upgrade them.

It's not gaurenteed they'll be doing them this year though.

Magus Crow

11-03-2012

Still rocking those Movespeed Quints from last Halloween on my main. Saved me a pretty good chunk of IP getting those ones instead of the standards....