Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Windows 8 and LoL is a Nightmare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stranger Ways

11-03-2012

With the install to windows 8 my computer is not loading champion portraits, lag spikes, fps spikes, Not loading opponents in champ select. Random Crashes

Tried the Repair Utility, twice, nothing

Uninstalled

Upon Re install only a black screen at the launcher and multiple install errors

Attempting a second re install right now

TLDR

EDIT

5th Install attempt today, got the Launcher to open after restarting twice and having the computer lock up another time. I dont even know if I can call this progress
League is not Stable on Win 8

Stranger Ways

11-03-2012

Specs

Intel i5 2600k
8 GB DDR 3 1800 MHZ
HD Radeon 7770 2GB
1 TB HDD
Dual Band Router
Wireless N Card
30 Mbps Charter Connection

All pertinent Drivers

Rav Abaddon

11-03-2012

Post this in bug forums

They want this feedback. They actually ask for it.

EDIT: Above the title of your (any) thread is League of Legends Community > League of Legends > General Discussion . If you click on League of Legends Community it'll give you a list of the forums.

Alumenlux

11-03-2012

I'm not really informed or knowledgeable but I've been told that windows 8 is only good for touchscreens.

Might as well stick with 7!

Grey Enneract

11-03-2012

Windows 8 is for tablets.

Stranger Ways

11-03-2012

Quote:
Post this in bug forums

They want this feedback. They actually ask for it.

Noob Question, how do i get to that thread?

Expression

11-03-2012

Quote:
RaoZaoku:
Windows 8 is for tablets.

Or the elderly that dont play games.

Zyriss

11-03-2012

I had no issues with LoL on my windows 8 computer. The only reason I uninstalled was because whenever I would mouse down to the bottom left of my screen and right click it would tab me out of the damn game. When you right click where the "start menu" used to be a new menu appears that gives you your "run/run admin/ system info, etc" options and it kept tabbing me out in team fights.

Same thing if apps were open but I learned to not leave those open/ never use them so I didn't have that issue.

Expression

11-03-2012

Quote:
Marek Desodo:
Noob Question, how do i get to that thread?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2476468

Pesmergas

11-03-2012

Silly guy, Don't you know every other windows version is trash? Look at the trends of time of the normal windows releases, not counting the servers and the NT or 2000 ones. Windows 3.1 Was good in it's own right because of the time we didn't have much to compare to. Windows 95, pure buggy trash, 98 was good, but still buggy. Windows ME, complete trash, Windows XP was gold, Windows vista a joke, Windows 7 awesome, Windows 8.... a smart phone OS for pc???

See the trend? Don't ever buy the next best windows, microsoft always tries to do to much and it sucks, so they make another version fixing what they screwed up.