Early, Mid and Late game teams (How do you know?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crank Shape

11-03-2012

I often hear, "oh he falls flat late game" or "her early game is so stronk" but my question is how do you know?

What are the defining factors in each time frame (early, mid, late) during games?

Edit: Just to be clear, I am talking about the champions.

How do you know if a champion excels in one of the 3 time frames.

Skury420

11-03-2012

I consider early game before the first tower falls, and late game after 30 minutes

Crank Shape

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skury420 View Post
I consider early game before the first tower falls, and late game after 30 minutes
Ohhh, I meant like the champions. How do you know if a champion excels in one of the 3 time frames?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Experience mostly.

If you're asking because you want to know which champion you should pick, just take someone like Jax who is strong in all three phases.

Crank Shape

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Experience mostly.

If you're asking because you want to know which champion you should pick, just take someone like Jax who is strong in all three phases.
That's kinda what I thought. My friend was telling me that single target champs like shaco or leblanc fall flat late game because they can't do much in team fights due to their lack of aoe spells. Stuff like that is what I'm curious about.

I main Ahri and I've found that she's good almost everywhere due to her roaming ability, movement and aoe spells. Is there anything else like "singe target" abilities that kinda of lead you to understand which champ will do good in a specific time?

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

if you want to tell if a champ will be good late, look at how they scale. jax is considered a hypercarry because his defensive stats also scale off of his offensive stats....him, poppy, vayne, tristana, and vlad are the only hypercarries

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombotMECHA View Post
him, poppy, vayne, tristana are the only hypercarries
What?

Jax's ult (which has an 80 second cooldown) is the only ability that gives him defense based on AD/AP (not that he's not a hypercarry, because he is).

I don't see where any of Poppy's abilities give her any defense based on offensive stats.

Same goes for Vayne and Tristana actually.

Meanwhile, Riven's E is a shield on a 10 second cooldown (at rank 1, by rank 5 it's a 6 second cooldown) that scales with AD... so I'm confused by your definition of hypercarry...

Nishaven90

11-03-2012

Generally for DPS champions, late game = steroid or not.

Ashe is worse than Graves late game for example because of a lack of a steroid.

Floggle

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
What?

Jax's ult (which has an 80 second cooldown) is the only ability that gives him defense based on AD/AP (not that he's not a hypercarry, because he is).

I don't see where any of Poppy's abilities give her any defense based on offensive stats.

Same goes for Vayne and Tristana actually.

Meanwhile, Riven's E is a shield on a 10 second cooldown (at rank 1, by rank 5 it's a 6 second cooldown) that scales with AD... so I'm confused by your definition of hypercarry...
I don't think he only meant that somebody is considered a hypercarry if they have defensive stats that scale off offensive stats, he just used that as an example. Trist is considered a hypercarry because of her insane level 18 range. Vayne because of her % based damage and mobility. Poppy because of her ability to go immune and do % based damage and blow up AD carries(I assume, I haven't played with or against a Poppy in awhile).

Crank Shape

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombotMECHA View Post
if you want to tell if a champ will be good late, look at how they scale. jax is considered a hypercarry because his defensive stats also scale off of his offensive stats....him, poppy, vayne, tristana are the only hypercarries
that's interesting. so would evelynn be considered a good late game champ due to her ult's scaling, especially in team fights?

Now how would I know if a champ is good early game and mid game? Is it just base damage or is it a mixture of different factors?

thanks btw, this is exactly what i wanted to know.