Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Positional audio not quite gradual?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overlord Forte

11-03-2012

Hello,

I've noticed in playing LoL with my speakers that the game has a very definite 'left / right' area of audio output. For example, if I laugh slightly right of the center of my monitor as Mordekaiser, his laugh comes entirely out of my right speaker. The same happens if I laugh on the left side of my monitor. When he transitions across the middle line of my monitor from one area to the other, his laugh jarringly skips from one speaker to the other. There is no transition or 'fade out' from the other speaker.

I am only running a two speaker setup with a subwoofer, so I might even notice it more if I had a surround sound deal going. Is this an audio aspect that can be improved, or it is a mechanical limitation of the game?

JDBob

11-03-2012

Same problem here, only using Stereo cause my Surround Sound fails on that game(many sounds are missing unless I'm watching what I want to hear from the corner of my screen).

Stereo must be fixed even though that's not what I would use.

Overlord Forte

11-06-2012

Bumping. I tried several games with my headset and this problem is even more noticeable on them. I can quite clearly tell when sounds switch from one channel to another in mid play. It throws off my flow a bit because of how jarring it is sometimes. Easy to deal with, but #littleannoyingthings.