Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twisted Treeline is cool but...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ajax Oblige

11-03-2012

The bruiser meta is lame. Jax, Olaf, Garen, and Xin in every single game. I wish there was a ban mode, just so I could ban the three of them, and make this mode interesting.

jgmfire

11-03-2012

i wish riot would die so i can play the good old twisted treeline but hey we all have to suffer.

ResistTheDawn

Recruiter

11-03-2012

I don't think there is a bruiser meta. That's just people stuck with the old TT mentality. I've beat many bruiser comps with squishy teams, that's why they added in items like the blackfire torch and blade of the ruined king.

Keegstar

11-03-2012

Quote:
ResistTheDawn:
I don't think there is a bruiser meta. That's just people stuck with the old TT mentality. I've beat many bruiser comps with squishy teams, that's why they added in items like the blackfire torch and blade of the ruined king.

you have to be kidding or retarted. this 'new' tt makes the old bruiser meta look weak. bruisers are so OP on this map if you dont play them youre just giving away wins. champs like singed, olaf, jax etc all can 1v3 snowball so easily its not even funny. end.

GON the Mage Guy

11-03-2012

Quote:
Keegstar:
you have to be kidding or retarted. this 'new' tt makes the old bruiser meta look weak. bruisers are so OP on this map if you dont play them youre just giving away wins. champs like singed, olaf, jax etc all can 1v3 snowball so easily its not even funny. end.

My anecdotal evidence shows otherwise, so it beats your evidence. So ha.

Also, it's spelled "retarded."

Also, Riot "dying" means no more LoL anything.

Ajax Oblige

11-03-2012

Quote:
GON the Mage Guy:
My anecdotal evidence shows otherwise, so it beats your evidence. So ha.

Also, it's spelled "retarded."

Also, Riot "dying" means no more LoL anything.

What teams do you usually play then? No bruiser meta? What mode are you playing? Maybe you're 3k elo or something, but back down here on Earth, that's all I ever see.

Argue blackfire torch all you want, but the best a caster can hope to do, is take out one or two of them before they explode. Hopefully the new witch hat item will remedy this somewhat.

Edit: If you don't believe me that there is a bruiser meta, just look at the forms... "Best Darius Build?" "Singed+Darius= (Almost) Unstoppable" "How do YOU deal with Olaf?"

SaveTheMaids

11-03-2012

Teams with squishy ranged champions can win... but they have to win it early. Otherwise, the tanky team can and will make a comeback, especially if that lineup contains Jax, Olaf, Jarvan, Darius, Singed, Rammus, Malphite, Shyvana, etc. They all can get tanky without sacrificing too much dmg (at least enough to close the gap and kill a squishy carry).

There's no room for error with squishies on TT. Why risk that when you can just play a bruiser with CC and/or high base damage?

Just by playing a ranged squishy you're making more work for your teammates because they have to worry about protecting/peeling for you on top of the other objectives. If you feed then you just become a huge liability and every teamfight is now 2v3 until you catch up.

BoyceForte

11-06-2012

Quote:
Ajax Oblige:
The bruiser meta is lame. Jax, Olaf, Garen, and Xin in every single game. I wish there was a ban mode, just so I could ban the three of them, and make this mode interesting.

+1 Agreed.

I say just buff squishies to make them more viable, people still like playing bruisers and tanks.