New Champs selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rovos

11-03-2012

Hey guys I have some question if you wouldn't mind helping me out. So I've got some IP and I want to buy a new champ.

Heres my list:
Ahri
Leblanc
Orianna
Syndra
Ziggs
Irelia
Wukong
Eve
Veigar
Anivia

These I selected because they look interesting and/or fun. I'm looking for someone who isn't seen often, maybe takes some practice and has a good presence for team fights and is useful generally (in some fashion) through most of the game. A mid champ preffered, though if it can made to fit any lane or requirement that would be great.

As a note: If you guys have some other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

GhostL3G

11-03-2012

Syndra and Orianna are pretty much the same. Ahri seems fun to play as... Lux would be a def solid pick for mid.. I would go Orianna over Syndra for Orianna's ult which stuns and is very useful in team fights

Gster

11-03-2012

Orianna is played a bit more because of S2 Championships. For champions that you might want to learn really depends on the playstyle you like. Wukong is a great champion to pick and I don't really see him much. His kit is pretty good in top lanes however, don't pick him before they do or you might get hard counter. His most noticeable feature is his decoy skill. With that you can escape the most perfect gank your opponent can perform without a problem ;]

Magus Crow

11-03-2012

I'd point you at either Orianna or Anivia. Both of them are seeing a bit more play since the World Championships where both of them were extremely popular but seeing as neither of them is particularly easy to play they still dont get picked a whole lot. You may also want to consider Karthus, Gragas and Swain.

Rovos

11-03-2012

Thanks guys for the info and suggestions.

Shangetsu

11-03-2012

You should try to play other role than simply mid.
By playing different role you gain different kind of experience which are much more valuable than anything you'd get by always sticking to one lane.

There's nothing wrong with having a preference lane (Actually it's normal) but maybe you should try to get at least one champion for every role.

Playing differents roles will allow you to understand your position in a fight better and to adapt faster with your team. You might be the greatest mid lane player in the whole game, you can't do everything alone.

I swear, ever since I started to really get into the support position I've been a much better player altogether. I got experience that help me to do every other position better than I was doing before and I feel that I'm much more in control of the field whatever character I am playing. My map awareness improved, my decision are much more efficient, I got a much bigger presence in the game and I can hold a much better ballance between playing risky and playing safe.

Rovos

11-03-2012

Well its not that I'm stuck on Mid. I main support actually but I like to concentrate on a single thing like learning only mid and when I feel adequate with it then I'll move on to another role.

Crazy Crann

11-04-2012

I certainly applaud your thought process on learning the mid role, however, I see the names on your list and I think a fantastic case could be made for Irelia.

Irelia is one of the best top-lane champions for her damage potential and sustainability. She can put out a lot of hurt and in a team fight can be quite valuable for her ability to split opponents (with her ult), stun/slow specific targets, and melt high-HP/armor targets with her true damage. Further, her core item build is relatively cheap to assemble and can help you snowball into the mid and late game.

Admittedly, I am not level 30 and I don't claim to be so. But I do play normal draft and I don't see a lot of Irelia, which is a plus, because who wants to spend IP/RP on a champion you never get to play?

Of the mid champions you've listed, I'd say Ahri and Anivia probably have the higher skill caps to properly master, but both have had massive damage output when I've seen them in the hands of a skilled player. Ziggs is interesting because I don't see a lot of him, but I have seen some very effective ones in the past.

Yourcatmolested

11-04-2012

I love Ahri. She is generally not played, at least from what I've seen. If you're good at landing skillshots, I'd say that automatically makes you better than 70% of other Ahri users. She's also fun for teamfights. She can peel for a quick second with charm if needed, and deal massive damage if you throw out your Q, then W, then ult back and forth. Definitely a blast to play for me.