Want to win? Read this...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DashOfLoyalty

11-13-2012

Ever felt like you just cant seem to win a game? Had a losing streak and just sat there wondering what went wrong? Before you look at others' playing or even your own to place blame, try this one thing:

Take a look at your mood.

"What IS he talking about?" you may ask. Well, let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm an average player. I have bad games, I miss CS here and there, I'll pull stupid plays. Lately, however, I've had a LoL epiphany. A little over a month back, I was having good games and bad games, I'd win some, I'd lose some. So I decided to start browsing the forums for ways to improve my game. A couple times I came across people who would say something along the lines of "Be nice to your team mates, dont rage, and guide them through the game like a true leader. Most of all, be positive!" I've never been one to rage in game, I don't bad mouth other people who do stupid plays, I leave all that to myself in real life at my desk where they can't hear it. However, I decided to take those people's advice to heart.

A little less than a month ago, I started not just idly going through the game, doing my own part, but I actually reached out to my team mates, guiding them around the map with pings on objectives, pointing out enemies to focus, congratulating them when we win fights and objectives, and just general leading them through the game. I try not to rage in real life, but rather keep a cool head and keep focused on the main objective: winning the game.

My results? Not counting games with friends where we screw around and just have fun, of my last 20-30 games in both normal queue and ranked, I've lost approximately a total of 3-4. You heard me right, I've had approximately an 85% win rate in my games (where I actually try). All because I was a nice guy, kept a cool head, and congratulated my team on our successes.

Two games ago, I failed epicly as Olaf top lane. I pulled stupid plays and gave their Rengar 2 kills in the first 10-15 mins. I didn't let that deter me, however, nor did I let our Blitz who was raging hard and fed the enemy team 3-4 kills deter me either. I kept my head, I focused on objectives, I pinged, I told my team who to focus and what do you know? We came out with the win.

A person doesnt need to super amazing at this game to win consistently (at least not until higher ELO levels), a person just needs to be competent in their abilities, keep a level head, be a nice person, and be the leader (or follower if someone else takes the leadership role) for the game.

Shamwowz

11-13-2012

Totally true. I play so casually...and I actually win more when I do. When I make stupid plays, I realize it and move on it was just ONE stupid play. Seriously listen to this guy ^

Tiger Mum

11-14-2012

I lol'd. 2 kills at 10-15 minutes is nothing. Last game my adc fed 6 times before 12 min after I spoonfed her fb. This is at 12-1500 elo.

terranlord

11-14-2012

getting senior member. can only post every 30 secs =P

Tarabull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Sorry, my 8 loss streak begs to differ. I'm generally quit passive in my league play. I'll even go out of my way to congratulate really great plays. Unfortunately, there is always some other jack*** nit picking everything that is done wrong. I started out at almost 1400 last season. This season I'm starting out just over 1000.

Anyways Ninja, what I mean to say is this only works for me when everyone is committed to the idea.

Here is to getting less baddies and more people that just want to play real ranks.

DashOfLoyalty

11-15-2012

Bump

whoateallthepies

11-15-2012

BUMP it. Great post.

Twerkaholic

11-15-2012

Did you know that teams that cooperate win 31% more games?

Twerkaholic

11-15-2012

Quote:
Did you know that teams that cooperate with each other win 31% more games?
LoL dropping knowledge bombs.

DashOfLoyalty

11-15-2012

Bump