Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cho'Gath - AP hybrid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilestguyever

11-03-2012

I am currently playing Cho as an AP hybrid, but I have a couple of build issues:

Main issue is that in early game, I almost always run out of mana. Am I just playing him wrong by using Rupture too often?

Ok, so items:

Mercury Treads
RoA
Athene's Unholy Grail
Frozen Heart
Lich Bane
Rabadon's Deathcap

Any recommendations as to how I should change this build? I am currently starting with Meki's, then boots, RoA, Mercury Treads, Athene's, Frozen Heart, Lich Bane, Rabadon's. At least that's the plan.

TornSpirit

11-03-2012

That's a tanky AP build, hybrid means you're building attack damage and ability power.

You should be maxing your W in lane first, because W is guaranteed damage, compared to Q which always has that chance to miss. Really, you shouldn't be using rupture too much unless you intent fully to start trading blows, in which case land it behind them to either force them to run into the rupture or run sideways where you can attack them easier. Mana shouldn't be an issue as soon as you get chalice / catalyst.

xCust0m

11-03-2012

Rupture should be saved for perfect situations. (escaping/going for kill) Do not use it to farm early-mid game or you will run out of mana quickly. Also, if you are bad at aiming it, try to aim it at where the opponent is moving, this should help you hit it.

Magus Crow

11-03-2012

I'm not real certain about that Lich Bane. I'd recommend an Abyssal Sceptre instead.

As TornSpirit said max W for laning and leave the rupture alone unless you are looking for a fight. You can also use it as a nice gank initiation if you are coming out of the jungle and it make a great follow up to a separate CC. Just remember to give it half a second or so before triggering rupture if you are going to use it in that particular way to get the most out of it.