Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playing Vladimir (and other champs).

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KTM90

11-02-2012

I decided to try him since he was on sale and he seems fun, but it seems like I need to get my priorities in order and I need to do a lot more farming. :l He gets squishy fast if you don't keep up apparently, and without enough spell power he will not do well at all. Right now the order I'm looking at is CDR Boots -> Will of the Ancients -> Deathcap. After that I guess it's situation. Any other suggestions? It seems like focusing on AP is the way to go with maybe an HP item just to get less squishy.

KTM90

11-02-2012

Another champ I'm having some trouble mastering is Hecarim. It seems like I can't quite get the hang of playing him right. A lot of his moves also seem to encourage LEEROOOOOOOOY JENKINS.

KTM90

11-02-2012

Champs I currently think are very fun and am looking for any advice for:
Singed (I'm very good with him)
Rengar (Got the hang of it, still working on it)
Graves (Need to prioritize)
Malphite (Not sure how to do a good build other than tanky)
Pantheon (Priorities)
Nocturne (Fun AD)

It's a long list. If you have any recommendations about what champs to play I'd like to hear that. I seem to do the best playing a bruiser.

Magus Crow

11-02-2012

What exact issues are you having with Graves and Noct?

KTM90

11-02-2012

I just think I don't have the right priorities with AD Graves. From watching others the idea seems to get more attack speed and crit rate first. With Nocturne it's the same problem; I manage to build in a way that doesn't give him his full potential.

DATRlOTGUY

11-02-2012

Attack speed and crit rate first is not good, because the damage from that scales off attack damage, and your skills scale off attack damage so it would benefit more to get some ad first.

Magus Crow

11-02-2012

^ This is essentially right. You really want to get either your Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster compleated before you start building towards crit or Attack Speed outside of getting your Berzerker Grieves.

As for a Nocturne build what are you doing with him? I assume you are jungling. If that's the case I'd start boots + 3 pots, get a leash on blue and try to gank at level 2. If top or mid decided to push lane against your missings on leash. As for build I'd get HoG and perhaps Philo early then go to Wriggle's, Ninja Tabi / Merc Treads, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, Randuin's Omen and a situational / aura item (probably Aegis or Shrealya's). Remember that Nocturne is pretty gank reliant so grab your buffs (red makes him a real threat) and look for pushed lanes.