Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What kind of digital art tablet do Riot employees use?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphanopanop

11-02-2012

I'm just curious on what kind of tablet Riot employees are using. I've been always interested painting digitally in photoshop. I am planning to purchase a Cintiq 24HD but I don't know if that is a good idea. Should I buy a cheap tablet like Wacom bamboo tablet to start off digitally painting? I've painted using a bamboo tablet before, but I didn't like the fact that I had to look off the computer screen. I'd prefer to draw directly on the tablet. I response from a Riot employee would help me out so much.

Thanks

Unvictus

11-02-2012

bump! ive wondered the exact same thing.. hopefully u get an answer

l1lshadow

11-02-2012

If you're starting out I would not recommend the Cintiq especially because they are expensive. Bamboo is good to start off but you can get Intuos if you are getting a little more serious. They can all accomplish the same thing, the only difference is that the Cintiq allows you to draw more like traditional medias which has its benefits but like I said, they can all do the same thing. If you are good at drawing, it shouldn't be too hard to get used to a tablet.

Taereus

11-03-2012

If you're starting out, don't get a Cintiq24HD until you are going pro and getting paid to do art. Else, it's a 2.5k money sink.

As for drawing on a tablet, it'll take a while to get used to, but after a couple pieces, you'll get the hang of it.

Tsuboka

11-05-2012

ok so I own both and honestly what happens is you start with one and end up buying the other and cant draw for **** on it. I started with a 6x8 and got a cintiq 21wx and all my experience at looking at the screen and drawing without really seeing it went out the window. As far as the hd versions to be honest you dont really get youre moneys worth its some color and brightness but thats it

Aphanopanop

11-05-2012

Thank you for the responses, they've been helpful. I really am seriously about drawing digitally as a profession. I've been practicing with the bamboo tablet, and I sorta got use to it, but I think I spoiled myself by drawing on the cintiq.

Winestain

11-05-2012

watch the "how a LoL character is animated" thing. he 's using a tablet in the video, maybe you can see what it is.