Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fix your TT problems here! Tips on how to win and be EXTREMELY successful.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmightyFork

11-03-2012

if you have fps problems, one of the easiest fixes is turning off shadow effects

Squallian

11-03-2012

I kind of feel like you just pointed out general tactics, not really things people are having a big problem with, like how aggressive/defensive they should be, what to do in certain phases of the game, etc.

APTryndOnly

11-03-2012

Hmm I stopped reading at some point because honestly, I dont think you are qualified to give 'as much' advice as you think you are (from the tone of your post, you dont seem to be humble at all).

I think its fine when people make threads with tips and whatnot, but make sure you actually know your deal before you do something like that.

1) 20-30 games with 5 losses in the new TT does not make you a good new-TT player, or a good player at all. Play 200-300 games and have 50 losses and then you can come back and say you are experienced, and Ill believe you. I believe Sam has around 150 wins and 40 losses or so. A player like that I believe. A player like you I just dont.

2) Then it all made even more sense (to my point) when you started talking about hypercarries. Do you know what the term 'hypercarry' is? Heimer is not a hypercarry, not even in Dominion. You can go ahead and say 'he is my reliable champion for when I want to win/carry' and that makes sense, but calling him your 'hypercarry' does not make sense at all, because he is not a champion who has a kit to 'hypercarry'.

A hypercarry is a champion who, with enough farm and/or time to be setup, has the kit to 1v5 a team on his own. i.e: Jax, Ryze, Vayne/Kog, Karthus, etc.

Heimer is not one of these. Neither is Xin, fyi. Xin is an anti-carry, there's quite a major difference in the meaning of each term. Maybe you got them mixed up.

3) FPS has nothing to do with connection, not sure where you are getting this from. FPS's performance comes directly from your computer's specs and whatnot, its all based on your computer. So if you are playing with 15 FPS, it doesnt mean you have a "bad connection", it means you either have a bad computer or your computer isnt handling LoL well enough for some reason and thus you play with 15 FPS. Connection has to do with Ping, the higher the Ping, the bigger the lag. So if you play with 15 Ping then lucky you, thats pretty much playing next to wherever Riot's servers are located, meaning you are 99% lag free.

Another reason for me to think you really dont know what you are talking about, at all.

4) I checked your lolking profile and I found what I was expecting to find. You have a team who reached Gold in 3s, but you reached Gold in 11 matches (which is not even that good tbh, you can reach in 5-6 if you win them all). That means you are still lacking a LOT of experience in the map, and thus, I would say you are not qualified to spread knowledge in the tone you are doing it.

You can make a thread and give free tips, but if you dont want to be judged like Im doing, I highly recommend you to either not say your "record" (which is decent at best in the first place, but you are making it sound as if it was "good" making you a good/experienced player), or play a LOT more and then come back.

You are also 976 elo in solo queue in over 40 matches. While I usually dont judge people by their solo queue elo, your tone/attitude in this thread made me have to do it, and it was pretty obvious to see you are that elo.

You wrote your post with the attitude the typical 'elo hell' player takes, a player who 'thinks' they are better than they are.

5) You can win games even against high elo players with a full squishy team. You simply need to know how to build the comp and when and how to play it.

I like how you say "Everyone whos successful knows you can't do that" specially considering Vesh has already won a few games running full squishy teams vs the usual tanky teams, and Im pretty certain his team is one of the highest elo teams of new TT atm.

6) From the OP champions you mentioned, the only true broken champion for the map is Darius. If you play Darius in the correct team comps in the new TT, there is literally no counter to you, he simply cant be stopped.

If you have not had any problems vs Darius in new TT, you are simply playing against terrible Darius players and/or they were running a bad comp. It really is that simple.

Other problematic champions are Singed/Lee/Jax etc, but they are more manageable by countercomps.

7) Most of these tips arent even related to TT or new TT. They are general tips about the game, so Im not sure why you posted this here in the TT forums or called the thread TT tips if you basically have no TT tips.

8) The choice of boots is more situational than that. If you are snowballing really hard on a team vs 3 AD being a champion who benefits from more offensive boots, then dont get Tabi, get what helps you snowball even harder and snowball the entire game to a point where their 3 AD will not matter at all because you already won. Btw, if you play the mode right, this should happen in 99% of your games, win or lose. You should aim to snowball your games, not to stall them.

It also depends on the champion and who the enemies are. Even if the enemies happened to be all AP, if your champion is not prone to get kited, or you are simply not getting kited because they lack cc or focus, then there's no reason to go Mercs if there's another choice that benefits you more.

Why do you even mention Kayle as an AP/APC? Lolwut?

My best advice for you is to play more ranked TT with your friends and if you reach platinum/diamond and can keep the elo for 50~ games, then Ill take back everything I just said and admit my mistake, but Im certain this will not happen, because as far as I can see, you still have quite a lot to learn about the map. We all do. The map is extremely fresh.

Downvote me if you wish, but everything in this post is the truth, and if I were you, I would not follow any of the advice in this thread except for the Raging/PositiveAttitude parts which are the usual tips everyone says for improving and you should always do it.

mastersmash

11-03-2012

Quote:
APTryndOnly:
Hmm I stopped reading at some point because honestly, I dont think you are qualified to give 'as much' advice as you think you are (from the tone of your post, you dont seem to be humble at all).

I think its fine when people make threads with tips and whatnot, but make sure you actually know your deal before you do something like that.

1) 20-30 games with 5 losses in the new TT does not make you a good new-TT player, or a good player at all. Play 200-300 games and have 50 losses and then you can come back and say you are experienced, and Ill believe you. I believe Sam has around 150 wins and 40 losses or so. A player like that I believe. A player like you I just dont.

2) Then it all made even more sense (to my point) when you started talking about hypercarries. Do you know what the term 'hypercarry' is? Heimer is not a hypercarry, not even in Dominion. You can go ahead and say 'he is my reliable champion for when I want to win/carry' and that makes sense, but calling him your 'hypercarry' does not make sense at all, because he is not a champion who has a kit to 'hypercarry'.

A hypercarry is a champion who, with enough farm and/or time to be setup, has the kit to 1v5 a team on his own. i.e: Jax, Ryze, Vayne/Kog, Karthus, etc.

Heimer is not one of these. Neither is Xin, fyi. Xin is an anti-carry, there's quite a major difference in the meaning of each term. Maybe you got them mixed up.

3) FPS has nothing to do with connection, not sure where you are getting this from. FPS's performance comes directly from your computer's specs and whatnot, its all based on your computer. So if you are playing with 15 FPS, it doesnt mean you have a "bad connection", it means you either have a bad computer or your computer isnt handling LoL well enough for some reason and thus you play with 15 FPS. Connection has to do with Ping, the higher the Ping, the bigger the lag. So if you play with 15 Ping then lucky you, thats pretty much playing next to wherever Riot's servers are located, meaning you are 99% lag free.

Another reason for me to think you really dont know what you are talking about, at all.

4) I checked your lolking profile and I found what I was expecting to find. You have a team who reached Gold in 3s, but you reached Gold in 11 matches (which is not even that good tbh, you can reach in 5-6 if you win them all). That means you are still lacking a LOT of experience in the map, and thus, I would say you are not qualified to spread knowledge in the tone you are doing it.

You can make a thread and give free tips, but if you dont want to be judged like Im doing, I highly recommend you to either not say your "record" (which is decent at best in the first place, but you are making it sound as if it was "good" making you a good/experienced player), or play a LOT more and then come back.

You are also 976 elo in solo queue in over 40 matches. While I usually dont judge people by their solo queue elo, your tone/attitude in this thread made me have to do it, and it was pretty obvious to see you are that elo.

You wrote your post with the attitude the typical 'elo hell' player takes, a player who 'thinks' they are better than they are.

5) You can win games even against high elo players with a full squishy team. You simply need to know how to build the comp and when and how to play it.

I like how you say "Everyone whos successful knows you can't do that" specially considering Vesh has already won a few games running full squishy teams vs the usual tanky teams, and Im pretty certain his team is one of the highest elo teams of new TT atm.

6) From the OP champions you mentioned, the only true broken champion for the map is Darius. If you play Darius in the correct team comps in the new TT, there is literally no counter to you, he simply cant be stopped.

If you have not had any problems vs Darius in new TT, you are simply playing against terrible Darius players and/or they were running a bad comp. It really is that simple.

Other problematic champions are Singed/Lee/Jax etc, but they are more manageable by countercomps.

7) Most of these tips arent even related to TT or new TT. They are general tips about the game, so Im not sure why you posted this here in the TT forums or called the thread TT tips if you basically have no TT tips.

8) The choice of boots is more situational than that. If you are snowballing really hard on a team vs 3 AD being a champion who benefits from more offensive boots, then dont get Tabi, get what helps you snowball even harder and snowball the entire game to a point where their 3 AD will not matter at all because you already won. Btw, if you play the mode right, this should happen in 99% of your games, win or lose. You should aim to snowball your games, not to stall them.

It also depends on the champion and who the enemies are. Even if the enemies happened to be all AP, if your champion is not prone to get kited, or you are simply not getting kited because they lack cc or focus, then there's no reason to go Mercs if there's another choice that benefits you more.

Why do you even mention Kayle as an AP/APC? Lolwut?

My best advice for you is to play more ranked TT with your friends and if you reach platinum/diamond and can keep the elo for 50~ games, then Ill take back everything I just said and admit my mistake, but Im certain this will not happen, because as far as I can see, you still have quite a lot to learn about the map. We all do. The map is extremely fresh.

Downvote me if you wish, but everything in this post is the truth, and if I were you, I would not follow any of the advice in this thread except for the Raging/PositiveAttitude parts which are the usual tips everyone says for improving and you should always do it.

Hes not a member of the top LOL 3's team in the entire wold, like Sam, so he has no room to talk?

And you have room to talk?

Your lvl 6. Looking at your match history you play a lot against AI.

And the kicker? Your summoner name is not even a joke, you actually play AP trynd.

Can we all please get a slow clap going? I will start.

*clap*

Skared

11-03-2012

a guide really doesnt need to be this lengthy

also, you dont need a "hypercarry"

Darius, Xin, Amumu, Tryn, as well as Teemo are all easily countered and are not really op by any means.

You want some new TT knowledge?

Heres a real brief, real good guide.

Tier OP: Malphite*, Eve, Nunu, Jax, Rengar(? not sure how he is with the elise patch nerfs), Shyvana, Mundo, Singed, Kayle, Irelia, Gragas and some others. but those are all good picks in many situations.

Tier Pretty Good: Rumble, Cho, Lafo, Darius, Jayce, Lee Sanger etc. these champs are good noobstompers but people who know how to pick will dunk you up.

Try to pick the champs I listed above.

Team comp:

1 jungler
1 AD top
1 AP/AD bot

Jungler take smite, clear big golems first, grab altar, do wolves. Best junglers are nunu/mundo/shyvana/riven imo.

AP bot is there to farm and theyre basically "da reinforcementz." call them up for objectives and such, but goal is get farmed. Same goes for top, however top has more roaming/ganking potential. Jungler and top should work together to find opportunities to steal altar, camps, or gank bottom via speed buff. Nunu jungle + shyv top make a great pair.

push top before doing attempting 8legs baron, and if you want to try and sneak him before level 10, youd better have nunu and two Lanterns on the team.

altar control is basically top priority, and having 2 altars is a HUGE advantage.

my team pretty much always runs 2 exhaust 1 ignite, with the jungler taking exhaust.

if they take AS champs like win nhao or jaxxer, take nunu and malph.

if they take kities like udyr/singed/dyrius, take nunu/kayle.

learn ya picks/counterpicks.

MasterL33t

11-04-2012

People i understand that some of these tips are basics. But oh wait, im sorry.. You must have completely forgot that there are MILLIONS of people playing this game. New to veteran. If you've found out what already works best for you, why flame on it? Read it, and move on.

Also, yes, im aware my ELO is low on 5s ranked. Not only have i had to deal with d/cers to trolls (like everyone else) - (and im not trying to use this as an excuse) - but im just not a 5s player. Im not big on playing on the 5s map at all. Im a core 3s and Dom player. I like how people are like.. OMG LOW ELO ON 5s but then say nothing about the gold rating on 3s. That gold rating would be even higher if the teammates on that team actually logged on. Plus, they were mostly 5s players anyway - like most.
Im obsessed with 3s and as of late, especially on the new TT, i haven't lost many at all. I've definitely won the big majority of them all.
I've currently found two new mates i've been playing with and they're GREAT. They're both in their mid 200s for wins but they play really well. They're smart about plays, they listen, full of teamwork, etc.

But beyond all this, you'd be surprised how many people do NOT follow these basic rules that i lay out for myself. I'm only here to try and help and these are all tactics i use to win. If it makes sense to me, it'll make sense to others out there. Im not the only one with my mind set. Too many people play this game for it not to make sense to at least a few people out there. And you know what? If you haters are gunna hate, das kew. I can handle it. But if im able to help out at least 5 people on this game, then im extremely happy. Trust me, ill be working extremely hard to hit higher than a gold rating on 3s with my new teammates once we've practiced a little bit more on 3s.

Some of you also stated some tier team comps. Ya know, that may work for you and be a generally nice cookie-cutter team comp, but i'll play what i want and if i prove to make it work, then i'll be the first.

Thanks for the input guys. Positive or negative, i'll read it either way and comment.

And i have plenty of stuff in a word document that goes into actual tactics, etc. Im not going to keep posting in small little chunks. I like to jot down everything i feel like i want to say, edit it, then copy and paste to here once i think it's ready.

MasterL33t

11-04-2012

I also don't mind people giving input to something they feel like they want me to add to the roster of tips. This thread is to help others, not tell them their ideas are stupid like some of you are doing.