Honorable Opponent Ribbon is too easy to get

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daitoshokan

11-02-2012

I believe there is a kink in the honor algorithm as it pertains to honorable opponent. It is given out too easily.

I was, to my surprise, recently awarded honorable opponent. This is despite the fact that upon looking at my record I seem to receive positive feedback on teamwork about twice as often. This is actually a big problem.

I'm sure most players have noticed now that at least 6 people in a given game usually have some sort of honor ribbon. This is typically honorable opponent.

Here's the problem. Many of these players are still toxic. In fact, it believe that by awarding these toxic players honorable opponent, it has given them positive feedback for the wrong behavior. Moreover, it comes as quite a surprise to the rest of the team when a supposedly honorable player starts slinging insults just because another lane gave a kill or two 8 minutes into the game.

It seems to me that the honorable opponent ribbon needs to be seriously rethought by Riot. The opposing team does not have a full picture of a player's behavior. They did not have to listen to the player through the bad, as well as the good. Often, players will award honorable opponent simply because their enemy apologizes for a DC, agrees with them that one of their teammates are bad, complains in all chat and gets pity honor, etc. In several cases like the latter, the enemy team is able to directly reward toxic attitude in the opposing team.

Does anyone agree? I believe that Riot is probably aware of this issue, and I would love to hear from a Rioter about what the think the problem is and how they plan to solve it.

Gunnzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

I completely agree with where you are coming from and would like to see the issue addressed.

Tahngarthor

11-05-2012

i somewhat agree with this, but if you just honor all your opponents, you will run out of honor and be unable to honor people when they really deserve it.

xTheShrike

11-06-2012

how about a ribbon in each corner for every one earned?

Tahngarthor

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTheShrike View Post
how about a ribbon in each corner for every one earned?
It's actually supposed to show the best ribbon you've earned, currently. The honorable opponent ribbon ranks the lowest of the four.