European Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kerbonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2010

So clearly TF was the key to the European wins. I am wondering if they could have done a similar thing with Master Yi. Master Yi can take down towers faster than anyone else. While he doesnt have a global teleport escape like TF he is ridiculously fast and with his ult on cant be slowed. I can only guess that this wouldnt work because if you were able to cut him off and stun him on his escape it would be an easy kill.

Orcasm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-04-2010

Maybe, but with TF + a few wards, you can ult to farm another section of the map very easily, much more so than Yi. I guess if you used Yi with TP then it would be similar.

Kerbonk

Recruiter

10-04-2010

ya thats what i was thinking you would need tp but still seems like it might have worked then they wouldnt have had to rely so much on tf

uzsibox

10-05-2010

Yi can be used similary. Wards+Teleport.

Abyss Slave

10-05-2010

yeah but tf is still much a better key to winning

Zazzerpan

10-05-2010

It's a bit unfair to say all Europeans do is instaban TF or it becomes an automatic AP backdoor strat. SK Gaming brought a highly coordinated, highly-practiced game to the WCG grand finals. TF's considered extremely strong on the European server, but I'd say Ashe and Kassadin are far bigger staples than TF is.

If you want to talk more generally about European style, the most striking thing I find is that European teams almost always consist of three carries (either two physical and one AP or two AP and one physical), a support, and a tank (not necessarily pure), whereas the NA server prefers a more strict two carry (one ranged physical, one AP), one pure tank, and two assortments of support, utility, and beefy DPS.

The European teams are generally far squishier than NA teams and with far more individualized damage and a higher focus on mobility.

Ontain

10-06-2010

I thought that the selection of ashe for CLG along with the TF ban both played their part. removing ashe from the EU team greatly reduced their initiation and kiting/poke.

Monzie

10-07-2010

I thought that they shoulda banned amumu/taric instead of what they did. Anivia is not as dangerous with kassadin around, not sure why they felt the need to ban her. Seemed like the crazy aoe and lockdown abilities of those 2 is what prevented them from initiating anything. Also, seems like NA prefers the 5 man fight game to the spreading out of Europe. The first game Europe team prevented NA from playing their style with the TF stuff, but in game 2 and 3, it was 5 man push up the middle NA style with nothing EU could really do about it, I feel because they let them keep getting Amumu. And with Taric healing, they could sustain the push infinitely.

DreamsOfGrandeur

10-12-2010

Twisted Fate's role isn't replaceable in the set up used by EU.

Yi may be able to damage turrets, but he has no map awareness or global teleport like TF.

TF's role wasn't about turret-damage directly.
It's about allowing his team to push 2~3 lanes at a time while CLG could only focus on one. As well as total map awareness.
Destiny would reveal all the champions on enemy's side, rendering the Fog of war a joke to EU.

Sadly, TF, Shen, and Kassadin, and unique to the Utility champions of LoL. This limited EU's choices in the 2nd and 3rd matches where TF was eliminated by CLG in bans.
Most other champions are directly suited for Attack, Defense, or Heals.

In NA, Shen, Kassadin, and maybe Ashe are likely to be more prominent in bans against Utility since Twisted Fate's double-push strat is one that requires practice and refinement. It's not something for random solo-queue, while Shen, Kass, and Ashe all can perform just as well in their primary tag: Tank/Assassin/DPS.

Ontain

10-14-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1C_ULMM60A&feature=sub
the post game interview seemed to indicate what i thought would be the case. the EU team thought that the US Ashe pick hurt them a lot because it took a key part of their strategy away.