@Nome mage itemization discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-20-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
so how about that frozen fist? did i call it or what. now nome about that RoA replacement
Working on it.

Diablo48

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Working on it.
How hard would it be to make it charge at different rates on different maps? It seems to me like allowing it to charge in something like half the time would let it work on the faster moving maps without requiring a whole new item to do the same thing.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-20-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo48 View Post
How hard would it be to make it charge at different rates on different maps? It seems to me like allowing it to charge in something like half the time would let it work on the faster moving maps without requiring a whole new item to do the same thing.
Trivial. Main issue is consistency and precedence--whether we want to do a full-out Sanguine Blade vs. Bloodthirster dealio or if we want to create a new precedence for map-specific minor item changes.

David12596

11-20-2012

I don't think ROA is 100% a bad item like some people may think it is, but i would never say no to making ROA a little faster to build up.

Aqualisk

11-20-2012

Quote:
Trivial. Main issue is consistency and precedence--whether we want to do a full-out Sanguine Blade vs. Bloodthirster dealio or if we want to create a new precedence for map-specific minor item changes.
While you're at it - Sanguine Blade is awful compared to Bloodthirster for most champions that want it. 7 attacks is just too long of a time. Assassins and even fighters have a hard time getting full use of it.

LordofNarf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
In my opinion, having dominion specific items, or at least item names/pictures, even if the change is small, is important, because it allows people to talk and think about items that are different, even only subtly different clearly. Having two items occupy one namespace will cause confusion in players who don't read the tooltips regularly.

Also, as an idea for Sanguine Blade, could it charge a stack on autoattack or spellcast (like Ginsoo's Rageblade does)? This would make it a more sane and attractive item to champions who mix their abilities in with their autoattacks, or rely on heavy ability damage for burst.

urmamasllama

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofNarf View Post
In my opinion, having dominion specific items, or at least item names/pictures, even if the change is small, is important, because it allows people to talk and think about items that are different, even only subtly different clearly. Having two items occupy one namespace will cause confusion in players who don't read the tooltips regularly.

Also, as an idea for Sanguine Blade, could it charge a stack on autoattack or spellcast (like Ginsoo's Rageblade does)? This would make it a more sane and attractive item to champions who mix their abilities in with their autoattacks, or rely on heavy ability damage for burst.
i make a suggestion akin to this in my AD carry itemization thread

urmamasllama

11-20-2012

well nome i've been thinking about this myself. personally i want to go along the new item route. i feel the best way to make it work in dom would be for it to scale on level however i ran into some balance issues with that firstly often times because of having it on a level ramp up you would feel punished for buying it but if you buff its base and lower the scaling to compensate it feels odd that it ramps up in the first place. secondly you wont have it until level 6 at the earliest so the item will start off a third of the way done which means its early stats won't exist. finally games in dom don't go to lvl 18 as regularly as SR and when they do they don't last much longer after that point.

so i came up with an idea. have the stacks of the replacement item scale on how many points you have in your ult or rather it scales up at 6 11 and 16 (so that udyr isn't left out) im figuring 60 base and then +10 at each ult level i know that comes out to 90 at the end but that should be there given that once you're at 16 the game isn't going to last much longer really though thats just a rough idea.

EMeta

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofNarf View Post
So tanky dps could get bigger on TT & SC in relation to ADCs? As much as I would love that on my Riven, I would hate more to see it on Darius. Better to just extend the stack duration a couple seconds so you could reliably transition from minions.

Arance

11-21-2012

Quote:
Speaking of Sanguine Blade... Bloodthirster is getting tweaked to be slightly more appealing to AD casters, through more/cheaper AD and less Lifesteal. Would it be possible for Sanguine Blade to get a similar treatment? Bonus points if you deign to make its passive proc on physical damage like the new Cleaver, not just autoattacks.