Oracle elixir in S3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

11-21-2012

The cost will be increase to 400?

I am having concern about this. Let me list a few things I hate

Shaco backdoor with boots of mobility. His escape allows him to stealth, he can backdoor all day with that super fast boots, and if you spot him, he can use box to fear you. Not fun EARLY GAME (much less annoying late game)

Teemo's Shroom. Yes, you can build hextech sweeper, but someitmes your teammate / minion can trigger a shroom and kill you, destorying your oracle. And hextech sweeper only can sweep so much shroom (1 minute cooldown) compare to how much Teemo can laid

DiscworldDeath

11-21-2012

Last night's patch reduced it back down to 250.

Also, your posts about Shaco are a bit misguided, as far as the higher Elo players are concerned.

Shaco running away is fine. Your goal is not to kill Shaco, and you're still unlikely to kill him with just 1 person. What you aim to do is get to the turret before he disables it, which requires knowing when he's likely to backdoor and be in places that can respond quickly when someone spots him.
It's never really about killing him. He's often useless as is in team fights, cause he goes AP. The AD Shaco focuses less on back-capping and can be much more of a threat, killing everyone.

But the cost is going to stay 250, so it's all ok.

DevlJoe

11-21-2012

Oracles doesn't help that much against Shaco. When he blinks, he's usually gone over a wall you can't follow him over/see him over anyway. I guess if you're ranged you can kill his boxes without setting them off, but even that isn't that big a deal, since you taking the time to kill them is actually longer than the time you would have been feared for when triggering it.

Really oracles is only useful against Teemo shrooms, everything else is pretty much taken care of with sweeper because almost all stealth is short duration.

Basically, remove Teemo.

FioraIsMaiWaifu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
The cost will be increase to 400?

I am having concern about this. Let me list a few things I hate

Shaco backdoor with boots of mobility. His escape allows him to stealth, he can backdoor all day with that super fast boots, and if you spot him, he can use box to fear you. Not fun EARLY GAME (much less annoying late game)

Teemo's Shroom. Yes, you can build hextech sweeper, but someitmes your teammate / minion can trigger a shroom and kill you, destorying your oracle. And hextech sweeper only can sweep so much shroom (1 minute cooldown) compare to how much Teemo can laid
Teemo's mushrooms can also be placed in a position inside of brush that essentially makes them indestructible. Entering the brush to reveal an invisible "enemy", without the ability to see it prior to venturing forth into the brush, capable of exploding for extreme damage makes eliminating the fungus a little more challenging than it should be.

HaIfhearted

11-21-2012

I personally think the cost of Oracles should be decreased to around 100-150.
250 gold is a pretty large gold sink that isn't going towards items, more if you die (and you WILL die), and it won't ever pay for itself.

AlphaFerric

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I personally think the cost of Oracles should be decreased to around 100-150.
250 gold is a pretty large gold sink that isn't going towards items, more if you die (and you WILL die), and it won't ever pay for itself.
So much this. There is little reward for picking up oracles in Dom (no wards to kill, just boxes and shrooms, and half the shrooms will hit you as they are normally at the front of bushes). Not saying killing shrooms and boxes isn't worth picking it up, just that the cost is a little high.

As far as a the shaco part, just avoid camping your own points until you see him trying to take one and you should be close enough to stop him/be available for teamfights.